Vaccination Request

Ombud

I printed my boarding pass 'just in case' my CB medallion never arrives and this one states I need 'original vaccination certificates.' I sincerely doubt I can get them from 60+ years ago. Now what?? Decades ago we just lined up at Public Health, they gave us sugar cubes (polio) and shots. No payment / no actual record. 

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I printed my boarding pass 'just in case' my CB medallion never arrives and this one states I need 'original vaccination certificates.' I sincerely doubt I can get them from 60+ years ago. Now what?? Decades ago we just lined up at Public Health, they gave us sugar cubes (polio) and shots. No payment / no actual record. 

I just got off the CB, and out of old habits I still print the boarding pass even though I have The Medallion just in case. now I don't even remember if you even mention anything about vaccinations. I think you're perfectly fine, I wouldn't worry.

Thanks!! We were seriously poor (car 'camping' at the time) but mom made sure we got our vaccines

Do you remember who the CB Cruise Director was?

Edited by Ombud

What the boarding pass says is:

At cruise check-in, you will be required to present your boarding pass and passport or, where applicable, proof of citizenship and a valid government issued photo ID, plus any required visas and original vaccination certificates.

There are no required vaccinations for travel from the US to Canada. 

...and I'm getting antsy about the Medallion as well. Order Details on the app have stated 'on the way' for more than a week now but I've received no e-mail confirmation or tracking number (where most people who do report that the Medallion was delivered within a day of receiving the shipping info).

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Thanks!! We were seriously poor (car 'camping' at the time) but mom made sure we got our vaccines

Do you remember who the CB Cruise Director was?

Matt Bernard. Alex Y. Takes over on July 27th.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fishywood said:

...and I'm getting antsy about the Medallion as well. Order Details on the app have stated 'on the way' for more than a week now but I've received no e-mail confirmation or tracking number (where most people who do report that the Medallion was delivered within a day of receiving the shipping info).

Don't panic too much. It will arrive. Worst case scenario, they just make you one at the port. Once I actually needed a replacement because my battery had died. So when it was onboard they have a bunch of medallions and then they have a machine that will imprint your name and sale date. So really not much of a concern at all they have you all covered.

Edited by Jeter02
Error

I believe what is being asked for are vaccinations required for the particular cruising area, i.e. malaria or yellow fever for certain exotic itineraries, not every or any vaccination over a passenger's lifetime.

Same as the visa reference, only certain countries require them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

I believe what is being asked for are vaccinations required for the particular cruising area, i.e. malaria or yellow fever for certain exotic itineraries, not every or any vaccination over a passenger's lifetime.

Same as the visa reference, only certain countries require them.

Yes I agree that only certain exotic itineraries require your vaccination proof.

Haven't had anything posted to my yellow Immunization Record for at least 20 years.  Son got shots for Brazil/Argentina cruise but not sure if he got a new form or just a letter certified by doctor - I still have his yellow form from when he was a kid.

Yellow fever is the only "required" vaccine for entry into certain countries.  The yellow shot record will serve as proof.  

There are many recommended vaccines for many different countries.  One can check the CDC website for current recommendation.

My recommendation?  Get them all!

I never received a tracking number for my medallion until after it was delivered. I ended up getting a month and half before we sailed. They ship them out in waves (from what I"m told) so don't fret, it will show up. 

On 7/13/2019 at 11:47 AM, fishywood said:

What the boarding pass says is:

At cruise check-in, you will be required to present your boarding pass and passport or, where applicable, proof of citizenship and a valid government issued photo ID, plus any required visas and original vaccination certificates.

There are no required vaccinations for travel from the US to Canada.