Kind of Off Topic

beaming90

image.png.52339b9880d417f86762d073d5fda0a1.pngI have this outfit - I am short so they are not short pants on me.  I bought it for my upcoming cruise in just under two weeks but...  I have the honor of singing at a friends funeral this Saturday and I am just wondering - I definitely need another opinion other than my own - would this be appropriate to wear?  It is really more of a grey rather than purple.  What do you all think?  Thank you!!

• Like 1

I agree with the other posters, it is a tasteful and lovely outfit. It used to be that lavender was the first color that women in mourning could wear after black, in the second part called half-mourning. So, history is also on your side.

I've lost both my parents to dementia in the last 18 months, so my heart is with you. Bless you for singing at a funeral, I know that's hard.

• Like 1

Perfectly appropriate.  I am sorry for your loss.

Here in the Midwest black is not as customary for funerals as apparently (according to movies and tv, if they can be believed) it is in some areas of the country.  Black is worn but so are many other, brighter colors.