Dress Up on Princess?

babyblue2

In all our recent cruises if you truly mean an 'evening gown', I'd say almost none...I've seen probably less than 10 in many nights of cruising over the last 2-3 years.   The ones I have seen appeared to be family groups celebrating some milestone.  Most women wear dressy pants or skirts and sparkly or lacy tops.  However, if you like dressing up and can manage your luggage OK, don't let what others are wearing stop you.   Go to the Princess board and do a search for 'formal dress' and you'll find enough discussion to keep you busy for hours.    

Edited by Kartgv

currently on Ruby per Amanda  " Tonight was formal night and I found that about 80 percent of people were formal by any reasonable definition and no one was completely casual. Lots of guys in kilts, which I always think is cool."

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, babyblue2 said:

Sailing on Ruby Princess from Seattle later this year.  Do passengers wear evening dress on formal nights?

Some women still like wearing them but I've long since retired them & choose to go for comfort. It makes cruising a more relaxing vacation without all the unnecessary fanfare. 

• Like 3

We were on the Royal Princess week of July 6...…….we had 2 formal nights.  First one, DH did wear a suit/tie, and I wore black pants with sparkly top.  Other couple in our party of 6, both the wife and husband wore casual pants, with button up shirts (no tie for him).   Both of us were completely acceptable.  The second formal night DH decided not to wear the suit, but opted for the casual pants & shirt.  I think as long as you don't show up in shorts and flip flops you are ok!

Edited by KG2019

Yes, we do, husband and son have tuxes, the youngest wears dress pants and usually a vest.  I usually take a long dress and a couple of cocktail dresses for our long cruises.  You will find people dress in a variety of ways and people usually have very strong opinions about dress code. We enjoy dressing up for dinner and taking photos. The kids are only young once an once they finish college who knows how much longer we will get them to cruise with us.