Large brawl on P&O cruise ship.

jakkojakko

3 hours ago, Paulinda said:

I bet a lot of those brawlers had the Signature Beverage Package!  It occurs after 15 drinks!

There seems to be a morality drifting through CC by some posters that anyone who has the SBP is a fall-down drunk and should be attending the daily Bill W. meetings.   I will always sail with the SBP, DW and I are in our lower 70's, and we know our limits.   If you do not drink alcohol, or only a glass of wine at dinner, then the SBP is not for you.   But please do not pass judgement on others who recognize the value of the SBP and use it responsibly.   There are always exceptions as seen on the P & O ship.   But that is always the minority on HAL ships.   Which is why we avoid Carnival and NCL.  Yes, it can happen on any ship, but the chances on a HAL ship are minimal. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

There seems to be a morality drifting through CC by some posters that anyone who has the SBP is a fall-down drunk and should be attending the daily Bill W. meetings.   I will always sail with the SBP, DW and I are in our lower 70's, and we know our limits.   If you do not drink alcohol, or only a glass of wine at dinner, then the SBP is not for you.   But please do not pass judgement on others who recognize the value of the SBP and use it responsibly.   There are always exceptions as seen on the P & O ship.   But that is always the minority on HAL ships.   Which is why we avoid Carnival and NCL.  Yes, it can happen on any ship, but the chances on a HAL ship are minimal. 

That was not the intent of my post.  I never inferred that ALL people who purchase the SBP are fall down drunkards but perhaps some of those that were in a brawl may have had too much to drink.  My comment was said in jest and I think your are taking it way too much to heart.  Enjoy your evening.

• Like 1

I fondly remember the two all-you-can drink parties poolside on last year's GWV that I attended on the segments I did. A number of people went in the pool. I do have photographs but as I could not find one that did not show faces, I will not post any. However, nothing got out of control although I heard there were noise complaints. I wound up on Deck 7 somewhat the worse for wear.