Just off the Dream

deepfry

Hi Deepfry,

Our son, Marky Mark/Fun Squad just finished his 6 month Contract this morning on the Dream.  As I write he'll be Landing at LAX in a half hour. I cruised on the DREAM back in early April with him. I really 💜💜 that Ship! I'd definitely go back on her.🛳

I hope you had a fun time!

🌻🌻

Bobbi 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, deepfry said:

Just got off this morning be glad to answer any questions

This might seem like a silly question, but how easy was the ship to navigate for elderly?  We were on a multi-generational cruise over Spring Break, and are hoping to do it, again, in Summer 2020, but my 80+ year old parents have already complained about the layout of the Glory.  And, honestly, I can't blame them.  I find the Fantasy Class easier to get around, but I sure would prefer to try a Dream Class ship.  I just don't want it to be TOO MUCH for the older folks. Glory has so many decks that you can't walk straight through, and you have to think hard about which elevator to use based on your destination.  They couldn't even offer to drop off or collect younger grandchildren from the kid's club, because they couldn't figure out how to get there from our cabins.

9 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

This might seem like a silly question, but how easy was the ship to navigate for elderly?  We were on a multi-generational cruise over Spring Break, and are hoping to do it, again, in Summer 2020, but my 80+ year old parents have already complained about the layout of the Glory.  And, honestly, I can't blame them.  I find the Fantasy Class easier to get around, but I sure would prefer to try a Dream Class ship.  I just don't want it to be TOO MUCH for the older folks. Glory has so many decks that you can't walk straight through, and you have to think hard about which elevator to use based on your destination.  They couldn't even offer to drop off or collect younger grandchildren from the kid's club, because they couldn't figure out how to get there from our cabins.

the Dream is not gonna be any easier to get around than the glory, maybe not harder but not easier

7 minutes ago, pirateg11 said:

how smooth/not smooth was debarkation?  

Not smooth we are used to debarking on 3 on this one they were debarking on 0 and on 2  they had the stairs blocked off on 1 so you could only get to 0 by elevator not very speedy 

48 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

We sailed on the Dream several times (out of NOLA) with 3 generations and had no problems.  In the mix we had an over-80 gentleman with a bad back and a largish lady in a power chair.  No problems whatsoever.  And a Dream-class ship is easier, in my opinion, to navigate than a Fantasy-class.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fballguy said:

About to go on 4 night cruise out of Galveston.  Do you know if the 4 nighters have a formal night and if so, how do people typically dress for it?

Thanks,

Rob

I wear new jeans and a polo shirt for formal night ,,  14 cruises never a problem , most others dressed similar  

1 hour ago, Fballguy said:

About to go on 4 night cruise out of Galveston.  Do you know if the 4 nighters have a formal night and if so, how do people typically dress for it?

Thanks,

Rob

Last week we had anytime dining and we went around 6 every night and i was surprised that it was not crowded at all and there was lots of ball caps and T shirts. I think you can pretty much wear anything 

7 hours ago, Fballguy said:

Thanks,

Rob

Formal night is on the first sea day (Day 2) on your 4 day cruise.

At embarkation, how closely do they adhere to the "arrival appointment" time printed on the cruise docs?  We have FttF pass and an arrival time of 12:00.  Depending on traffic, I could arrive at the port anytime between 11:00 and 12:00.  Wondering if we'll have to wait long if we arrive early.

I have a little one who liked the cupcake decorating on a RCCL ship.  Does the Dream offer cupcake decorating or anything similar on board?

Thanks for the help.  

On 7/29/2019 at 3:07 PM, MississippiMom said:

I found the Dream harder to navigate than the Fantasy ships. I never felt like I knew where I was going. Got lots of steps in. 😜

I would get a pocket map or keep the app on your phone so that you can navigate. I always forgot my phone in cabin, so would wander around looking for my family. LOL 

3 hours ago, changinlat said:

At embarkation, how closely do they adhere to the "arrival appointment" time printed on the cruise docs?  We have FttF pass and an arrival time of 12:00.  Depending on traffic, I could arrive at the port anytime between 11:00 and 12:00.  Wondering if we'll have to wait long if we arrive early.

I have a little one who liked the cupcake decorating on a RCCL ship.  Does the Dream offer cupcake decorating or anything similar on board?

Thanks for the help.  

if you have FTTF you can arrive any time.  Never seen anything like cupcake decorating onboard unless they offer something like that in Camp Ocean.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:32 PM, Markmom18 said:

Hi Deepfry,

Our son, Marky Mark/Fun Squad just finished his 6 month Contract this morning on the Dream.  As I write he'll be Landing at LAX in a half hour. I cruised on the DREAM back in early April with him. I really 💜💜 that Ship! I'd definitely go back on her.🛳

I hope you had a fun time!

🌻🌻

Bobbi 

Tell him congratulations on the new baby.... He'll understand... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, changinlat said:

Thanks for the help.  

You do know one of the benefits of fttf is that you go to the priority line upon arrival, so your arrival time doesn't matter, right?

Greetings! 

With FTTF you can arrive anytime and you will be among the first to board. 

As far as navigating the ship...it really is quite easy. First of all you can get anywhere front to back on the lido deck as well as the prominade (deck 5).  Furthermore, you can also do the same on deck 4 which is called "Lower Dream Street.". And remember, if all else fails, you can always, quietly use any deck with staterooms and just walk down the hallway. 

Cheers! 

Brad

Edited by Wheels87
Typo

7 hours ago, deepfry said:

Nothing has changed in a long time there is a 5 day menu floating around on cruise critic somewhere. 

It's not essential to know, obviously, but just would like to look it over.  Actually, they are tweaking the menu and there are subtle differences.  Haven't been on a 5 day cruise recently and just curious.  I have been searching and haven't found any yet.  But thanks for the reply!