14 Day Great Alaskan Explorer

rostbp

Yes, they dropped Kodiak for next year. Having just done the 14 day this June, I don't see a huge loss with Kodiak off the route.

The 14 day routes are roundtrip, not one way. There is another thread just down the board talking about the Alaska schedule in terms of 7 day and one way cruises.

25 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, they dropped Kodiak for next year. Having just done the 14 day this June, I don't see a huge loss with Kodiak off the route.

The 14 day routes are roundtrip, not one way. There is another thread just down the board talking about the Alaska schedule in terms of 7 day and one way cruises.

We'd been looking at the 2021 cruise, and noticed that Kodiak was gone, also. Did you not find it to be a good port?

I loved Kodiak. I wish I had realized how much there was to do in town. We had a 10:00 a.m. walking tour through the city harbor, and by the time we were finished with the tour, there wasn't enough time to check out everything else. The town of Kodiak is a little beauty.

I, too, was not happy to see that Kodiak and my other favorite port, Sitka, wasn't on next year's 14-day itinerary. We booked it anyway while on the ship, but a couple of weeks ago we found an 11-day cruise on the NCL Sun that did include Sitka and three glacier days. That did it -- we jumped over to NCL for 2020.

• Like 1

We enjoyed Kodiak, particularly the natural history museum/visitor center and just walking around the town. Sitka was everyone's favorite, though, and I am so glad I found the 14-day Los Angeles R/T on the Golden Princess whose itinerary includes Sitka, and no flights.

Obviously it does not include as much of Alaska as a Seattle or Vancouver R/T, but Sitka/Hubbard Glacier/no flights/a few seadays to relax both directions -- works for us.

• Like 1