Excursions

pappagene

We will be on the January 21st sailing of the Dawn and we have taken 2 of the special offers by NCL. One will be the $50 credit per cabin for shore excursions at each island we will stop at take a ship booked excursion. I have noticed on the excursions offered that 3 out of 6 stops have no excursions listed. In that case, do we still get our credit for those islands or do they just pay for the ones that they list excursions? Not my fault that there are no excursions for those islands. Has anybody else run into this?

Thanks

Gene

1 hour ago, pappagene said:

We will be on the January 21st sailing of the Dawn and we have taken 2 of the special offers by NCL. One will be the $50 credit per cabin for shore excursions at each island we will stop at take a ship booked excursion. I have noticed on the excursions offered that 3 out of 6 stops have no excursions listed. In that case, do we still get our credit for those islands or do they just pay for the ones that they list excursions? Not my fault that there are no excursions for those islands. Has anybody else run into this?

Thanks

Gene

Excursions for ALL ports will eventually be listed. You will get an on board credit for any port in which you take an NCL shore excursion. 

If you see something you like, book it as soon as possible as they will sell out. Do Not book online. Call the shore excursion desk to pre-book without payment. 

The cruise is is a one-off/infrequent voyage with ports that NCL doesn’t call at. It is taking time for NCL to arrange tours in each of your ports. 

Book excursions NOW for the ports available. 

• Thanks 1

Everything will eventually show up.  I'm also taking a cruise in January and each week a few more show up.  If you want to get a better idea of what will be available, go to the explore section of the NCL website, then click on ports.  There you will see a wide selection of excursions in each port.  I'm guessing you can't actually book one until it's actually offered for your sailing

We are on Oct. sailing of Dawn and still no shore excursions showing for 3 of the islands:  Barbados, St. Lucia, Grenada.  Never experienced such a delay before.  I keep checking in hopes they will appear.  Have shore excursion credit, too, and would rather use that than book independently.   Nothing shows up for those islands even on NCL page...weird.

Edited by cruisinlibrarian
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2019 at 10:54 AM, BirdTravels said:

Excursions for ALL ports will eventually be listed. You will get an on board credit for any port in which you take an NCL shore excursion. 

If you see something you like, book it as soon as possible as they will sell out. Do Not book online. Call the shore excursion desk to pre-book without payment. 

The cruise is is a one-off/infrequent voyage with ports that NCL doesn’t call at. It is taking time for NCL to arrange tours in each of your ports. 

All ports did eventually show up, now the job of picking what we want to do!

On 8/7/2019 at 1:11 PM, cruisinlibrarian said:

We are on Oct. sailing of Dawn and still no shore excursions showing for 3 of the islands:  Barbados, St. Lucia, Grenada.  Never experienced such a delay before.  I keep checking in hopes they will appear.  Have shore excursion credit, too, and would rather use that than book independently.   Nothing shows up for those islands even on NCL page...weird.

I would check out Cosol Tour in St Lucia. It was not only cheaper compared to the ships excursion it was fantastic.

https://www.cosol-tours.com

Question about the $50 credit per port. Is it just for the main person in the cabin that gets the credit or is it $50 per cabin and it doesn’t matter who goes on the excursion. For example if I want to just have my kids do the parasailing on Harvest Caye will we still get the $50 off?  

12 minutes ago, smokey11 said:

Question about the $50 credit per port. Is it just for the main person in the cabin that gets the credit or is it $50 per cabin and it doesn’t matter who goes on the excursion. For example if I want to just have my kids do the parasailing on Harvest Caye will we still get the $50 off?  

$50 per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:54 AM, BirdTravels said:

Why would you not book online?  Does that not guarantee your spot?

9 minutes ago, smokey11 said:

Why would you not book online?  Does that not guarantee your spot?

When you book online, you pay for the shorex at that time.  When you call to book, they will reserve your spot, then, you'll receive the credit after you take the tour and just pay the remaining owed. 

You can just book online and you'll receive the credit then too.  Just means less out of pocket prior to the cruise.  Up to you how you choose to do it.   

Edited by All-ready2cruise

15 minutes ago, shof515 said:

$50 per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

While yes, it is per stateroom, but I'm not sure if you let your kids do the excursion if you'd get the credit if your kids don't actually have the promo attached to their name.  In other words, assuming you and your spouse are the first two on the reservation (and thus have the perk) and the kids are three and four (and don't have the perk), I don't know if you'd get the credit if neither of the first two takes the excursion.  Something to check