Help! Horizon Havana Cabana suite or Pride Journeys cruise

Kentucky816

Help us out!  We have the Horizon booked in a Havana Cabana Suite for an 8 day cruise in Oct. 2020 ( never tried the Havana area or Horizon).  Then we spied an 14 day Journeys cruise on the Pride Nov. 2020 in an OS for the same price and a really awesome itinerary for same price.  We can’t do both......haha!  We used to cruise on Celebrity but found for the price we can do a bigger room on Carnival and we love the fellow passengers on Carnival much more (always friendly, fun and down to earth).  Help fellow cruisers! 🙏🏻

With the Horizon you're going to enjoy the privacy of the Havana Pool and area, not to mention a great suite. With the Pride, I'm guessing you're not going to be in a suite? Soooo, which do you want to do more? 14 days or the Havana? You can always do the other one another time, correct? Have fun trying to choose!

1 minute ago, BigEasyCC said:

With the Horizon you're going to enjoy the privacy of the Havana Pool and area, not to mention a great suite. With the Pride, I'm guessing you're not going to be in a suite? Soooo, which do you want to do more? 14 days or the Havana? You can always do the other one another time, correct? Have fun trying to choose!

OP stated in an OS - so Ocean Suite?

I have only ever cruised inside cabins. I have cruised the Sunshine and Horizon only via Carnival. When we cruised Horizon recently, we spent the majority of our ship daytimes at the aft Tides overlooking the beautiful Havana area that was ALWAYS empty or sparsely used. I don’t think that would sway me from booking a Havana area (to the contrary, I would be inclined to book it because it didn’t have the crowds). But I am left to wonder why guests are not spending their time there? Maybe because they meet up with friends and family who can’t join them in the area until after-hours (we utilized it after hours). Anyway, in your position- I would opt for the longer cruise! ☀️

DH, MIL and I did the November 2018 Journey Cruise on the Carnival Pride. We were in a Vista Suite.  The more days at Sea , the better.

If you can swing the extra money, go for a Vista Suite. It has a 220 sq. foot balcony.

Karen

Itinerary would be the key for me.  New places?  Places you've had a good time at before?  Sea days? (love sea days, it's the relaxing time).  Havana Cabana suite is a good option if going on the Horizon, just to get some privacy.  But absolutely nothing wrong with being on a Spirit class ship for a Journey cruise.

Thank you all for your help!   There were a lot of good points and some I may use in the future like a B2B inside cabin on the Horizon in Havana.

We decided to take the 14 day  journeys cruise on the Pride, the itinerary just was too spectacular ( Grand Turk, Aruba, Curaçao, Barbados, St. Lucia, Saint Maarten ) with plenty days at sea.  We also sprung for the Vista Suite Yogibear per your recommendation ( a new one to us).  Anyone want to join us ? 

• Like 2