MSC Orchestra in Norway

Norwegian Cruiser 73

Hi NC ... the weather looks a lot finer than the forecast was showing!

It's on my bucket list to do a cruise to this region, but it won't be 'til at least 2021 as next year is taken care of!  Like yourselves, we tend to go for the sun when planning trips.

Our tickets came late last night ... 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiseIreland said:

Exciting Bea! When do you board? Ken

We board on Wednesday the 28th;  fly out and overnight in Rome on the 27th where we will meet up with Norwegian Cruiser and his better half.

I believe you're boarding the Sunday before?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Hi NC ... the weather looks a lot finer than the forecast was showing!

It's on my bucket list to do a cruise to this region, but it won't be 'til at least 2021 as next year is taken care of!  Like yourselves, we tend to go for the sun when planning trips.

Our tickets came late last night ... 😎

The weather the last month have been amazing, lot's of sun and warm temperatures, quite opposite to June and the start of July which was very rainy and cold. No wonder we head for the sun and warm weather in the Mediterranean or Caribbean when cruising. However, I believe cruising in the Fjords is amazing regardless of the weather. 

6 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Yep!  You really should, CF.  😉

I will complete and post, I wasn't sure of interest but people can ignore if they aren't. 

We did generally have good weather, although obviously my base barometer is Irish weather!

On 8/7/2019 at 12:31 PM, Beamafar said:

We board on Wednesday the 28th;  fly out and overnight in Rome on the 27th where we will meet up with Norwegian Cruiser and his better half.

I believe you're boarding the Sunday before?

Yep, 25th in Copenhagen. Question! Did web check-in yesterday but skipped photo bit. Email from MSC saying our e-tickets are now available in the Repository. So, where is this Repository? Previously, I emailed Stuart Chalmers and they were sent then. Last time, in Miami, l just turned up with the booking confirmation on my phone.

Any info?

Ken

I often get that email at the same time as I get the tickets.  I've always thought it was a glitch in their system whereby the booking management is advised that the tickets are there to be forwarded (or something of that nature).

I'd contact them, if I were you, Ken.  I don't always do the web check-in and the photo bit never works.  I only ever managed it once;  for our upcoming cruise, in the MSC for Me app, it won't take the photo!

Bytheway, Stuart was promoted ... and is a great loss.  His replacement is less than useless in my experience.

Edited by Beamafar

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I often get that email at the same time as I get the tickets.  I've always thought it was a glitch in their system whereby the booking management is advised that the tickets are there to be forwarded (or something of that nature).

I'd contact them, if I were you, Ken.  I don't always do the web check-in and the photo bit never works.  I only ever managed it once;  for our upcoming cruise, in the MSC for Me app, it won't take the photo!

Bytheway, Stuart was promoted ... and is a great loss.  His replacement is less than useless in my experience.

Thanks Bea. I will phone them next week. Slán!

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 4:59 PM, Norwegian Cruiser 73 said:

The weather the last month have been amazing, lot's of sun and warm temperatures, quite opposite to June and the start of July which was very rainy and cold. No wonder we head for the sun and warm weather in the Mediterranean or Caribbean when cruising. However, I believe cruising in the Fjords is amazing regardless of the weather. 

We experienced rainy weather on only one day (Tromso) of our 14 day (June 15 - June 29) Norway cruise.  Even then it didn't dissuade us - or the many Norwegians we saw out and about - from 3 hours of e-biking.  It was brutally cold and windy at the North Cape but the rest of the places we visited in Honningsvag were quite pleasant.  The Lofoten Islands were grey and somewhat cold with a little drizzle but nothing to impede touring.  Those 3 ports are all above the Arctic Circle and while it wasn't always sunny, it was light around the clock!  The weather in the rest of our ports (Stavanger, Flaam, Gerainger, Trondheim, Alesund, and Bergen) was wonderfully sunny and warm.  We were pleased.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 9:59 PM, CruiseIreland said:

PS: Bôn Voyage Bea! Want to hear all about the cruise!

Norwegian Cruiser: Hope the good weather continues to end of August. Enjoy your cruise with the Queen of MSC! ☺️

Thank you very much 👍 So far the August weather in the Middle part of Norway have been very good ☀️ Have a great cruise on the beautiful MSC Meraviglia. Welcome to Norway 🇳🇴 

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks, Ken!  I don't think I know that captain- hope he's good as that often influences the onboard ambiance.

Well, to be honest, he turned up at the 'Welcome Back Cocktail Party' but, apart from that, never saw or heard from him. You may travel in more rarefied circles!😝