Platinum tier dinner question

bp traveler

6 hours ago, Journey11 said:

On ships like Bliss that don’t have Moderno, what restaurant is substituted on the LaCucina/Moderno Platinum voucher?

On the Spirit cruise last month, they just crossed out Moderno.  So it's La Cucina only.   We skipped it.

On 8/7/2019 at 4:08 PM, KeithJenner said:

It is two dinners for 2 per stateroom as long as there is at least one platinum in the room. Therefore you will get the same whether there are one or two platinums in the room.

However, if there are three or more platinums sharing a room then you get extra vouchers to cover everyone.

KeithJenner, how do you go about getting the extra vouchers for the extra platinum person in the room.   Our last 4 cruises all three of us in the room have been platinum, we've never received extra vouchers for the third person.   Would like to hear more about how this is done.   We've also stayed in the Haven, and the concierge has never said this was an option.  We've combined the vouchers so that all three of us could go to one dinner at one restaurant and never used the fourth dinner.  If we wanted to go to both restaurants, we would have had to pay for the third person at both restaurants.   Anyone ever get more extra vouchers to cover all the platinums in the room?    Thanks for the information.   

1 hour ago, tinsnslus said:

KeithJenner, how do you go about getting the extra vouchers for the extra platinum person in the room.   Our last 4 cruises all three of us in the room have been platinum, we've never received extra vouchers for the third person.   Would like to hear more about how this is done.   We've also stayed in the Haven, and the concierge has never said this was an option.  We've combined the vouchers so that all three of us could go to one dinner at one restaurant and never used the fourth dinner.  If we wanted to go to both restaurants, we would have had to pay for the third person at both restaurants.   Anyone ever get more extra vouchers to cover all the platinums in the room?    Thanks for the information.   

Once we had 4 Platinums in our suite, but only had one Welcome Back set of meal vouchers. I went to the area responsible for this, explained we had 4 Platinums and got another set of vouchers. I actually think it was the Cruise Next desk. 

I knew we were entitled to the extra set of vouchers because of the great information I read here on this forum.😊

I had to go to the cruise next area to ask for them.  It was almost like pulling teeth to get them to understand.  After a little urging they gave me a voucher for 2 dinners for 2,  and then crossed out 2 and wrote 1 on them.  I was a little disappointed as this was my first cruise as platinum and I wanted to feel special. Even the butler did not understand what we were talking about. 

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, Travelicious said:

We usually choose a bottle but don't drink it with the dinner, instead drinking wine by the glass under our beverage package.  Then take the unopened bottle to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony instead of running to a bar each time we need a glass of wine.  This is totally allowed.

That is a great idea. 

17 hours ago, rxlowry said:

On the Spirit cruise last month, they just crossed out Moderno.  So it's La Cucina only.   We skipped it.

That is very specific to the Spirit as it has such limited options.

Ships like the Bliss have more options and therefore they substitute out Moderno. Last I heard they offered the option of Q or Los Lobos as well as La Cucina.

17 hours ago, tinsnslus said:

I’ve never done it myself (our son is still not old enough to qualify for the Platinum Plus he has earned).

However, as shown above it does happen. My main advice would be to carry a copy of the Latitudes T&Cs, or have them on your phone. They now refer to the extra meals if you have more than two platinums.

7 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

All the Platinum dinner issues are taken care of by Cruise Next-  only.   Just go directly to them.    

Yes, we also went to Cruise Next desk to let them know we hadn't received our bottled water.  They had it delivered that same day.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:56 AM, KeithJenner said:

I’ve never done it myself (our son is still not old enough to qualify for the Platinum Plus he has earned).

However, as shown above it does happen. My main advice would be to carry a copy of the Latitudes T&Cs, or have them on your phone. They now refer to the extra meals if you have more than two platinums.

Thanks everyone for your replies.       

Edited by tinsnslus