Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

PJ’s is like Starbucks only better. It was started in the 80’s by Phyllis Jordan. Her first store was uptown. Phyllis sold the company about 20 years ago. Now its franchised all over Louisiana And Mississippi. Then there are a few other stores located randomly around the country. 

BD9979-EE-9-F2-A-4688-A8-C8-30-F18-A0148

• Like 1

The weather held up long enough for me to get to my next destination. 

This is Antoine’s Restaurant. It’s one of the Big New Orleans restaurants. I think they have a dress code. If you want to get taste of Antoine’s without going to Antoine’s you can go right past it to the Hermes bar. Antoine’s invented the oysters Rockefeller in 1889 and that’s what I’m going to get.

E055-BBA9-6-E66-4-DB6-8889-9370-C64-DC9-

4701-ECEA-3-CBB-488-F-BFF2-1-FD60-B4-E94

This news disappoints me verily. They won’t do oysters Rockefeller until 5:30. The bartender even went back to the kitchen and asked...or at least he said he did. For all I know he went back and took a bathroom break then came back in “I pleaded with them sir, they just won’t do it.”

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

This news disappoints me verily. They won’t do oysters Rockefeller until 5:30. The bartender even went back to the kitchen and asked...or at least he said he did. For all I know he went back and took a bathroom break then came back in “I pleaded with them sir, they just won’t do it.”

Sounds good to me - you have an excuse to sit and enjoy cocktail hour! :)

No space available in the bars I wanted to visit so I’m working on making my way to Hansen’s Sno Blitz which I missed yesterday after the WWII museum. It’s a challenging trip with all of the streetcar closures but I’m on one and ready to depart.

If you’re cruising out of New Orleans this time of year you want to try to get a snowball. 

The problem is they don’t open until 1pm. That makes it difficult stop by before or after the cruise unless you’re staying here. Where are they at in the morning? They’re in there making syrups fresh each day with spring water and cane sugar.

People think it’s a snow cone. It’s not a snow cone. It’s different. 

98-B65933-7-C6-F-48-CB-9-AA8-A470-E29-D6

Once I got my snowball I realized we were 45 mins from the start of the Saints game and there no way anyone was going to let me in their car with that.

So I started eating and walking. It was nice and cool out after the rain...and right around the time I finished I reached this

1-B884582-7-E3-C-4-AFA-B15-C-BDAD6670-FC

This is the place I was talking about earlier. The brewery owned by former saints OT current saints radio play by play announcer Zach Strief. The place where Drew Brees celebrated his birthday.