Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

48 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Loving your pics of New Orleans, and yes, I’ve watched NCIS New Orleans! The bar looks familiar—could it be Prides? You are making me so excited for my trip in February! Can’t wait to read more! Happy Saturday! 

Yep. The tru tone in the show. They just change the sign.

48 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Have fun on your cruise!  Hopefully embarkation goes smoothly today. Only six more days until I am on Liberty and 15 more days until the Eagles start their march to the Super Bowl!

Embarkation is tomorrow. More New Orleans is happening today.

Looking forward to this review as I sail on Glory out of NOLA in April of 2020 and then again the following year in February of 2021 for a bucket list Mardi Gras trip.  Only 112 days to our Panorama Cruise!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I’ve watched NCIS New Orleans!

SAME!!!!

52 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yep. The tru tone in the show. They just change the sign.

Oh so they actually filmed in NOLA?

I will be there tomorrow, cannot wait to see what they have to offer, and if it even compares to NY!

Just now, jbethel11 said:

SAME!!!!

Oh so they actually filmed in NOLA?

I will be there tomorrow, cannot wait to see what they have to offer, and if it even compares to NY!

The outside shots. The inside is done on a sound stage. I should get by the exterior of their HQ today.

• Like 1

I’m always fascinated with historic buildings. I want to know what a building used to be. I think I may have casually mentioned on one of my reviews last year that this area is where the 1984 worlds fair was and the port is actually where they had the space shuttle.

They say they fair was a failure because it didn’t bring the number of people they wanted but I see it as a huge win for New Orleans that is still paying dividends today. It built the convention center, riverwalk mall, and revitalized this area that was old warehouses and is now full of hotels and restaurants.

I wish they still had the tram. I’d love to take it to the port. Or the cable car that took you across the river. Imagine being in the holiday inn west bank and taking a cable car over to the port. 

If you’re ever in Miami and go to the zoo, you can ride the tram that was here in 1984.

Here’s a good article on it from a few months ago.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/article_492c92ce-7ac8-5430-8c4e-43e0e3ccf567.html

• Like 3

This is what’s going on out here.

port orleans. I believe that’s the brewery owned by former saints RT and current play by play announcer Zach Strief. 

Drew Brees had his b-day party at that place after the saints playoff win. There’s a really good article by a couple of guys that crashed the party. It was really cool how they were accepted as if they belonged there.

7202-C4-F6-1-C1-F-4284-A86-D-00-D8-F6-AE