Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

There are several parts to Pat O’Briens and two entrances. There’s Bourbon Street and St. Peter’s. I came in St Peters. The first bar is nice and has a big screen TV but it’s not my favorite and it didn’t have the Saints game on.

072308-D6-D571-483-A-B859-0-C5693-E1516-

227-E9-A4-F-9-C77-4-BEA-B37-B-E179117453

Now we get into the most popular area—the courtyard. Here they’re going to give you hurricanes in glasses and they’re going to charge you for them. Too many people were stealing them. So they charge you and you have to return the glass to get your money back. If I were in this area I’d go to the walk up bar and order one in a plastic cup.

4-E3-CF196-11-C0-4-FE8-A69-F-F06810-C54-

5-F91-BDF0-5-BFA-41-FE-9-F07-F50-E2427-E

Another good thing about this bar is you get good entertainment out that window. I’ve seen a fist fight. One time they had that window open and a girl that had too many hurricanes pulled up a chair like it was a movie ticket window and was charging passers by $1 for a....flash.

5465502-E-038-B-424-D-A5-F3-DD07-C1-A699

I have a lot of content to upload. I’ve been so busy collecting I haven’t had time to upload. It starts with a French quarter wedding and ends at 1am with Harry and I facing down the most haunted house in New Orleans..and capturing on video a paranormal experience.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Is it true that on statues of men (guess it could be women also) where the horses front legs are off the grounds it means they died in battle?  Great start to your review!

Interesting you mentioned this point. During my 20 years in the military someone (another student) did a presentation on this topic in one of the professional military education schools I attended.

It’s been awhile so I don’t remember all the details, but his conclusion was there was no correlation between the legs of horses on statues and how the person riding the horse died, although you could find statues where this applied, which is likely how this story got started. 

• Thanks 1

After the game I decided to hop to the bars I couldn’t get in earlier. 

Antoine’s was closed. The bar was open but not serving food.

oh this is from earlier. This guy with no shirt was walking around chanting “go go go blood makes the grass grow.” Over and over.

92659-B9-C-9-F88-4394-B19-B-42-DA85-B65-

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 1