Port Departure Time....When to be back?

Haveuseen1

They will be specific when you are onboard during your cruise.  Typically, your 'last call' reboard is 30 minutes prior to the ship's actual departure.  Yes, you're overthinking it a bit.  No reason to worry.

If you want to avoid long lines in the heat waiting to board the ship, I recommend you arrive 1 hour earlier than the required time.  Shorter lines, and more time to freshen up to watch the "pier runners" who waited until the last minute.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Haveuseen1 said:

I am sure I am overthinking this.

Arriving Grand Turk @ 8am

Departing Grand Turk @ 4pm

Does that mean the ship pulls away from the dock @ 4pm, and that I will need to be back on the ship at 3pm?

The usual time is one half hour prior to sailing. For 4pm departure back on board is 330pm. Always confirm the back on board time before you get off the ship.

17 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

If you want to avoid long lines in the heat waiting to board the ship, I recommend you arrive 1 hour earlier than the required time.  Shorter lines, and more time to freshen up to watch the "pier runners" who waited until the last minute.

16 hours ago, JerseyGirlJen said:

As others have mentioned the lines to board can get long. You must be on the ship 30 minutes prior to departure. They start announcing names of the people who aren’t back yet. I typically arrive back 15-20 minutes before the required time.

I agree that the lines can be long but as long as you are in that line, you will be OK.  We always try to be back onboard around an hour before departure just to avoid the long line.