Mens sauna, steam room?

As far as I could tell from a quick search, Liberty of the Seas was not amplified. It was put on hold in 2021, so she should still have the free sauna/steam facilities in the men's and women's locker rooms in the fitness center. 

One of rare good things to come out of the global pandemic was that it put a halt to the so-called amplification, sparing a few ships and keeping these nice facilities, at least in the short term.

• Like 1

You all laugh, but I enjoy using the steam, sauna and showers in the men's room to get ready for dinner, which gives my wife the entire small room to get herself ready for dinner. The showers are more spacious in the locker room than in the cabin itself. I will be on the Quantum in June. I'm hoping they have that area on the Quantum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Minorhawk said:

You all laugh, but I enjoy using the steam, sauna and showers in the men's room to get ready for dinner, which gives my wife the entire small room to get herself ready for dinner. The showers are more spacious in the locker room than in the cabin itself. I will be on the Quantum in June. I'm hoping they have that area on the Quantum.

I agree. I do exactly the same thing, plus in the morning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Minorhawk said:

Quantum class does not have this. 

3 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Quantum class does not have this. 

Correct. there is no locker room associated with the fitness center on the Quantum Class, furthermore, the spa locker room is only for those with a thermal suite pass or spa treatment. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ya'll are terrible 😂 The Thermal Suites are definitely more social, I avoid the chatty ones when possible but not everyone gets the clue that some people really do just want to exhale and relax in peace. I also miss the "free" saunas, almost always empty when in the ladies' locker room.

Last week I learned on Ovation that not everyone reads the info for the co-ed steam room in the thermal suite.  You're suppose to wear a bathing suit.  At least one person in there did not.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:52 AM, happy cruzer said:

Anyone know the answer??

Copied from a recent post on here:

On 2/25/2021 at 5:54 PM, 2travelcats said:

I’m hoping to get an up to date list of the RC ships that still have the free steam rooms and saunas.  These are the single sex steam and saunas that are part of the men’s and women’s locker/changing rooms.

So as far as you know, do the following ships still have the free steam and saunas that are part of the locker rooms?
Adventure of the sea 
Brilliance of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

I believe the following do not have the free steam and saunas as they were removed during amplification:
Enchantment of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

And, I have no idea about the:
Liberty of the Seas, or any of the ships in the Quantum or Oasis classes

Thanks - husband loves to sauna and it is one of the “hooks” I can use to get him on a cruise!

On 9/1/2019 at 1:45 PM, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

That is true, I just relax more in separate facilities, I enjoy the quiet and genially speaking I don't have to make conversation there after a work out, when I have been in mixed sex rooms, it is hard to not to be rude to people and not like be forced into a conversation when i am exhausted, I find in an all male setting, just a glance from me is enough to indicate I do not want to engage 

3oYe.gif

• Haha 2