Carnival Pride

NJEMT29

1 hour ago, RandomUser123 said:

My guess is if they do not go to drop off supplies then they will just make it an extra sea day. Not sure what port they could dock at after Half Moon Cay or Princess Cays stop to ensure they still get back to Baltimore on time. 

An extra sea day is certainly a possibility. Depending on the existing itinerary, Port Canaveral, Nassau, Grand Turk, or maybe even Key West might be possible. The decision they make will be solely about what is available and how long it might take to get there and back (as you point out).

Port Nassau reopened for cruise ships Sept. 2

Carnival Cruise Line resumed regular calls to the Bahamas on Sunday. The Carnival Corp. subsidiary announced 41 planned calls in September split between Nassau and Carnival's two private islands Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays.

https://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2019/09/09/south-florida-cruise-lines-resume-trips-to-the.html

4 hours ago, NJEMT29 said:

What port of call will they replace for Freeport until the island gets back to normal and are they saying when they will be going back to Freeport on a regular basis and not to deliver supplies Tks 

26 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Port Nassau reopened for cruise ships Sept. 2

Carnival Cruise Line resumed regular calls to the Bahamas on Sunday. The Carnival Corp. subsidiary announced 41 planned calls in September split between Nassau and Carnival's two private islands Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays.

https://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2019/09/09/south-florida-cruise-lines-resume-trips-to-the.html

Since OP asked about Freeport, Nassau is fairly irrelevant.  I was surprised to see the article refer to the Bahamas as Caribbean - they aren't.  Key West is likely too far south for Baltimore, so likely whichever port has space (and isn't already on the itinerary) between Princess Cay, HMC, Nassau, and Grand Turk.  If those are all full, then either an overnight at an existing or an extra sea day.  

Yup... not really related to Nassau.  I read this on a site:

'Carnival sent a letter to guests on both sailings stating, “Given Hurricane Dorian’s impact on Freeport, the island is unable to accept cruise guests at this time. As part of our commitment to the recovery efforts, we will continue with our scheduled call so that we can deliver much needed relief supplies.”

The letter went on to say that no guests will be allowed to go ashore during the stop and that pre-purchased excursions would be refunded.'

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-sends-cruise-ships-to-freeport-with-hurricane-supplies/

• Like 1

I have a March 2nd cruise booked that was originally supposed to stop in Nassau, but when I looked at my "Manage My Booking" page on Carnival's website, they have changed our itinerary to now stop at Freeport rather than Nassau.  I'm a bit confused!!

I need to check my itinerary to see if anything has changed. Is it just me or when someone like myself ask a question about Freeport on here or on the facebook page or anyone else ask the same question others like to get on us or harp about we shouldn't be worried about what will happen and on that note they can get very negative and mean about a simple serious question being asked.

I never want anything to happen to anyone and for the people of Freeport to loose their lives and homes is  absolutely horrible . And people will complain about anything people post on here but I have been going on the Pride for the last 5 years and Personally I think that Freeport is a useless port and CARNIVAL should either pick Nassau or key west or any other islands clothes there to make it back to Baltimore

14 hours ago, heatherpl said:

I need to check my itinerary to see if anything has changed. Is it just me or when someone like myself ask a question about Freeport on here or on the facebook page or anyone else ask the same question others like to get on us or harp about we shouldn't be worried about what will happen and on that note they can get very negative and mean about a simple serious question being asked.

I find people can get negative and mean over anything.  It is reasonable to be curious how your cruise might be affected since it could influence how you pack, what excursions you plan, etc.  I hope you can find the answers you seek without too much negativity from others.

3 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

It is reasonable to be curious how your cruise might be affected since it could influence how you pack, what excursions you plan, etc.  

True if your cruise is in the next 4-6 weeks.  If you are sailing more than 60 days out, you just can't know that yet.  too many variables.  

23 hours ago, heatherpl said:

I agree with you about Freeport. It is sad what happened as well and the devastation lost. But yea people jumped down my throat when I asked. But if they had a cruise booked for the future i am sure they would be asking the same question I would LOL.

There really was no "jumping down your throat".  Even 30 days is a long time in cruise time.  I would expect that the cruise lines and the islands want to restore things are quickly as possible since tourism is the primary source of income.  But there's just no way to know 4 months out what will be ready.  And even if you are not able to visit Freeport, you will either get a sea day, or visit another fabulous port with all sorts of potential for new adventures.  Try not to get too stressed about it and enjoy the trip...wherever it goes.