Cruise Critic Community
kapcruiser

Sun Docking in Nassau

It is random and up to the captain. it is a 5050 guess of which side will be docked on your cruise

It also depends on the other ships in port that day.  Today is a fairly light day, but it can get quite crowded in Nassau.

Capture.JPG

While sailing out of Nassau we witnessed a Mother and child left behind by their ship. My son was relaying the story to his school class one day and the teacher says, "The whole ship sailed away?" to which he answered, "No, just the front half".

We were berthed stern first, Disney ship next to us was berthed bow first.  There is NOTHING to see at Nassau portage regardless of the ship side.  Atlantis is East, port building, hair weavers, straw market hats are West.

On the Sky a few years ago, they backed in the slot closest to the mainland. Behind us was a US Coast Guard ship. Not interested in Nassau, I sat at the Great Outdoor Cafe and watched the passengers come and go. I really enjoyed the tranquility of the afternoon.

As we set sail, they didn't quite make it out of the harbor. One of the crew took sick, so they backed it to the dock and off-loaded. Funny how that stuff happens and how little information was INITIALLY passed on.

2 hours ago, doverboy said:

While sailing out of Nassau we witnessed a Mother and child left behind by their ship. My son was relaying the story to his school class one day and the teacher says, "The whole ship sailed away?" to which he answered, "No, just the front half".

We were berthed stern first, Disney ship next to us was berthed bow first.  There is NOTHING to see at Nassau portage regardless of the ship side.  Atlantis is East, port building, hair weavers, straw market hats are West.

The view to the east isn't bad at all...some nice beaches, etc...