Getaway Aft Penthouse Haven Suite

Momma Rene

I have booked the Getaway Aft Penthouse Haven Suite.  However, I am starting to think I did the wrong thing.  I have heard on these boards that the butler in those suites is not as good as the cabins located inside the Haven.  I'm confused..  There are a lot of cabins in the aft that are Haven cabins.  Has anyone found that the service is lacking in those cabins?

I’ve heard mixed things too but for me the butler service wasn’t a priority. We had an H6 on the Getaway and we loved it. It’s not a bad walk to the Haven, and the room itself was awesome (the balcony!!) Our butler was ok, not great, but I think that was more about him than the cabin. We didn’t use him all that much. 

A lot of people enjoy the aft penthouse and think it’s the best cabin on the ship (me included). 

We stayed in a Gataway Haven aft suite last April and absolutely loved it. The balcony is truly spectacular. I really don’t think it matters which suite you stay in, getting a good butler is the luck of the draw. Our butler for this particular cruise was not our favourite. He scolded us the first morning of the cruise because we ordered coffee and pastries the morning of, rather than the night before. Frankly, we choose to cruise the Haven for its other amenities (restaurant, sun deck, spacious cabins etc) not the butlers.

For us, it was about the room...not the butler. 

‘We never noticed any problems with them...we just never noticed them.

in no way did it impact our cruise, and I doubt it was any different in the Haven. 

‘The balconies and suite sizes at the rear of the ship are spectacular...and that’s what I would dwell on. 

Edited by DCT61

I remember being on another cruise line and the first thing the Butler told us was he had too many cabins.  On another cruise line, the Butler was really the room steward.  So, thru the years I've come to expect less service.  I'm glad for ice at the end of the day.