Peninsular Club discount price

Les_ldh

I’m not yet a peninsular club member as I’ve only done one 7 night cruise so far, but I do have a 12 night trip booked for June ‘20 which would obviously then make me a member. If I book a trip now for November’20 which has the 5% club discount will that automatically be applied to my new booking after my June ‘20 trip, or will I not get it as I am booking before I’m a member? Hope that makes sense.

Les.

5 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

I’m not yet a peninsular club member as I’ve only done one 7 night cruise so far, but I do have a 12 night trip booked for June ‘20 which would obviously then make me a member. If I book a trip now for November’20 which has the 5% club discount will that automatically be applied to my new booking after my June ‘20 trip, or will I not get it as I am booking before I’m a member? Hope that makes sense.

Les.

Hello Les,

I may be wrong but I think it will probably apply after your June 20 cruise as only then will you be a Peninsular Club Member. It is similar to the passengers who qualify to go up a Peninsula tier mid cruise, they won't officially go up until after that cruise (so the extra discount doesn't apply until the next cruise). 

Best wishes 

Carla

9 hours ago, Les_ldh said:

Les.

Probably best to ring P&O and ask them. 

10 hours ago, Les_ldh said:

Les.

I think you will find that to receive the extra booking discounts on a Peninsular cruise you need to be a Peninsular club member at the time of booking, however as a past passenger you will be entitled to the normal 5% they offer on all their cruises at launch.

Edited by terrierjohn

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think you will find that to receive the extra booking discounts on a Peninsular cruise you need to be a Peninsular club member at the time of booking, however as a past passenger you will be entitled to the normal 5% they offer on all their cruises at launch.

Useful information John, I wasn’t aware of that as I haven’t been involved in a launch event as yet (but eagerly awaiting October). I assume that 5% is only available during the initial launch period, how long does that usually last for?

Les.

4 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Useful information John, I wasn’t aware of that as I haven’t been involved in a launch event as yet (but eagerly awaiting October). I assume that 5% is only available during the initial launch period, how long does that usually last for?

Les.

It normally lasts about 10 weeks Les, but be aware that fluid pricing kicks in as soon as the cruises go on general sale, so the base price can increase at anytime, and for popular cruises the increases can be substantial. John.

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It normally lasts about 10 weeks Les, but be aware that fluid pricing kicks in as soon as the cruises go on general sale, so the base price can increase at anytime, and for popular cruises the increases can be substantial. John.

Thanks John 

That is definitely correct.  The discount will not apply until you are a Peninsular Club member and that will not be until you have completed the June 2020 cruise.

As someone said.  Same thing applies when you move up a tier.  You could become Mediterranean on the 2nd day of your cruise, but the discounts will not kick in until you return from the cruise.

48 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

That is definitely correct.  The discount will not apply until you are a Peninsular Club member and that will not be until you have completed the June 2020 cruise.

As someone said.  Same thing applies when you move up a tier.  You could become Mediterranean on the 2nd day of your cruise, but the discounts will not kick in until you return from the cruise.

Thanks Jean, I suppose I’ll just have to wait then 😢

35 minutes ago, beachmad123 said:

Could someone explain how I can book a cruise at the base price with a TA.

What is the procedure. 

Just find the cruise you want and call a good online TA.  There are a few really good ones, but I am not allowed to put them on here or recommend.

24 minutes ago, beachmad123 said:

Thanks so do I need to pre register with a t a for the 14 Oct

If some kind person could just give me 5 or less steps I need to take I would appreciate it

You will be able to view the itineraries on 14th Oct. you then have until Friday, if Caribbean tier of above, or the following Tuesday to register your interest with a TA,. They will then seek to book your cruise on the day it becomes available, only then will you need to pay a deposit, and most TAs ring you first to allow you to confirm the booking.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

and with a TA you can choose your cabin, whereas you can't if you pre-register with P&O

Pre-registering with P&O directly allows you to change the cabin they allocate for you when you confirm the booking with them. You can ask for certain cabins with an agent but will only get them if they are still available when the agent makes the booking for you (which is highly likely but not guaranteed). 

Smoke and mirrors! at least that’s what I always feel I have encountered when booking a cruise (with the exception of the last but one- more later.) I know there is fluid pricing in force but you phone up to book a cruise get the cabin sorted and a price is generated. You then ask if this includes the Portunus discount ( if it was a Portunus cruise) -ans ‘yes’ then ask about previous cruiser’s discount - again, yes, because the quote has been generated allowing for all of the discounts for which you are entitled. 

The one exception was the cruise before last. We booked with the big Derbyshire B-ased travel agents and they said after they had quoted the price and we had agreed that there was an extra company discount - I think it was only about £20 pp but still it felt good.