Explorer Tokyo - Vancouver 2021 Missing

mrlevin

I received an email yesterday from my TA about the itinerary change. I would guess that all passengers booked on this cruise will be receiving notification from their TA. It's up to each passenger to express how they feel to their TA. I certainly did.

Hopefully Regent will reconsider how they are handling this issue. The Posts on CC need to continue so more people will be aware of the issue. Lots of people read these posts! 

13 hours ago, forgap said:

Thank you, Mrstanley.  I’ll contact my TA.  I lived in Japan for 4 years as a teen (‘65-69) so I’m motivated to show my husband around.  We intend to do a land program to Kyoto, Nara, and Hakone.  I laughed at the upcharge for the precruise tour of Hakone.  Much more cost effective and interesting to go on your own.  For the first time feeling like Regent is trying to take advantage of us.  Perhaps it’s time to jump ship! 

You know that we too did our own thing, not necessarily on the basis of cost (though that was indeed a factor) but also because we felt we could do better (and did).  We also booked through Amex Platinum and had the benefits associated with that, plus the Japan RailPass which is an absolute steal.   I suspect that Regent are simply buying into a local contractor's programme which is probably fine for those who do not want the bother of arranging their own travel arrangements.

We just received a updated invoice from our TA showing the $500 shipboard credit applied due to the itinerary change. Hopefully when other passengers booked on this cruise receive the new itinerary and applied shipboard credit and realize the one less day they will complain.

6 hours ago, mrstanley said:

We just received a updated invoice from our TA showing the $500 shipboard credit applied due to the itinerary change. Hopefully when other passengers booked on this cruise receive the new itinerary and applied shipboard credit and realize the one less day they will complain.

One would hope so, this would make me think before booking another cruise.  People need to write what they think about this-it just isn't write.  And besides a OBC of $500.00 isn't worth that much--anything you purchase has a high markup -like 40% to 50%)

Ronrick,

I agree with you regarding using OBC.

I would have prefer  if Regent would credit the  $500 towards the cruise fare I’m going to pay. The only thing I actually purchase is a $6.00 bottle of mouthwash while onboard. HaHa 🤣 And that’s overpriced!

I doubt the higher ups at Regent bother with CC. If they do, they should see we all feel cheated. The message I received from my TA (one from Jason) is even wrong. The cruise was 19 days and we are getting 18 (not 20 and getting 19 as he says). $250 OBC/pp is telling us we do not matter. We all know what the perdiem for that cruise is. We paid for 19 days and are cheated out of one. The winners are the passengers booked on Alaska cruise. They booked and are paying for 10 days and getting 11. Besides the OBC Regent should discount for the day we are missing. Not good thinking on Regent's part. They could had made our cruise 20 days and Alaska 9. Alaska was not selling well and all of a sudden is "waist listed". How did that happened overnight? We are all loyal Regent customers. We should count.

I received an email yesterday from my TA about the itinerary change. I would guess that all passengers booked on this cruise will be receiving notification from their TA. It's up to each passenger to express how they feel to their TA. I certainly did.

Hopefully Regent will reconsider how they are handling this issue. The Posts on CC need to continue so more people will be aware of the issue. Lots of people read these posts! 

For those of us who are annoyed at the way Regent has handles this issue here is the Executive Contact information.

These executives don't read CC but passengers can certainly email them with concerns regarding this cruise.

Jason Montague                                   Regent:   1-954-776-6123

President & CEO                                     Regent Seven Seas Cruise Line

JMontague@rssc.com                         7665 Corporate Center Dr.   Suite 100

Miami, FL. 33126

Robert J. Binder

Vice Chairman

bbinder@rscc.com

Meghan Hernandez

Senior VP of Sales & Marketing

mhernandez@rssc.com

Steph Armengol

VP of Hotel Operations

sarmengol@rscc.com

• Like 1

We learnt about this here on CC and received an email from our TA (UK) on Tuesday outlining the "generous offer"!

She agreed with us that it was ridiculous and asked me to email her with our thoughts which she would pass onto Regent on our behalf.  She told me that in addition, they have also raised it further up the food chain at Regent, ie TA to Regent.

Also as a further aside, when we booked this cruise a few months ago, the "Free 3 night pre-cruise" and "Free 2 nights post cruise" were not available - sold out, limited capacity apparently - they gave us a credit which may cover the cost of one night at a decent hotel in Tokyo!  Disappointingly, Regent are still advertising this "Free" benefit for all guests on these voyages on their website.  False advertising maybe?  

Oh and we didn't buy the "protect your price" rubbish either!  Agree with others that the sentence didn't even make sense! 

Edited by Segmentersfloattheboat
Add text