Explorer Tokyo - Vancouver 2021 Missing

mrlevin

Hmmmmm.....my reservation # is still in my account but the title of the cruise is gone.  When I click “show itinerary” nothing happens.  The cruise has also been removed from my “saved” location.    It would be nice to know as we have made a deposit!  

Same here. My TA was told it was a glitch and they were working on it. The period from April 20 to May 19 is gone from Explorer itinerary. Very strange. If anyone hears anything, please post. Why these two cruises (Tokyo to Vancouver and Vancouver to Vancouver) are the only ones affected is beyond me. We know Regent's website tends to have problems but I've never seen one like this.

Pure speculation on my part but I think a schedule change is underway. There was a 10 night Vancouver to Vancouver round-trip beginning May 9, 2021. Assuming that cruise is not selling well I can see Regent making it a seven night Vancouver to Vancouver round-trip beginning on the 12th.  Regent would then add three nights to the Tokyo to Vancouver cruise.  This would be a great benefit for those on the grand voyage or the Tokyo to Vancouver cruise  because they would get three more days of cruising at no additional charge. Another possibility is the addition of a 10 night Tokyo to Tokyo cruise beginning April 20, 2021, and deletion of the May 9, 2021 Alaska cruise. This option is much more difficult logistically and I think it is much less likely. 

Dave

Do you honestly think Regent is going to give us an additional three days at no charge? I don't see it happening. We are already getting a three day pre-cruise tour in Tokyo. Don't get me wrong, I'll take any additional days at no charge. As long as they don't mess up our cruise.

18 minutes ago, forevertravel said:

Do you honestly think Regent is going to give us an additional three days at no charge? I don't see it happening. We are already getting a three day pre-cruise tour in Tokyo. Don't get me wrong, I'll take any additional days at no charge. As long as they don't mess up our cruise.

Yes I do think that Regent would give you three additional days at no charge. In 2014 we were on a B2B2B cruise from Los Angeles to Auckland.  The first segment from Los Angeles to Tahiti was originally a 16 night cruise. That segment was changed to 18 nights and we were not charged for the additional two nights.  The total cruise went from 45 to 47 nights.  Similarly, when Regent changes the category of a class of suites, those who have previously booked the changed category suite get the benefits of the new category without additional charge and when there is a price increase, those who have already booked the cruise are not charged anything additional. 

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

Well, if that's the case, I have no problem. However, why would they change the itinerary? This cruise is part of the Grand Voyage which ends up in Vancouver May 9th which is when our Tokyo to Vancouver ends. Did they oversold the cruises? If that happens they usually just start making offers so people may cancel. You're right about Alaska cruises not selling well lately. Maybe they will shorten the 10 day cruise to 7. And, adding additional days may free up some cabins on Tokyo to Vancouver segment. I guess I won't know for a while. Thank you for your insight. I know when there is a price increase it does not affect those of us booked.

Agree with DaveFr. In 2014, we had a Tokyo to Singapore cruise where they added 3 days. No charge for the additional days if you booked before the change.

Dave - I hope you are right with your speculation.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, mrlevin said:

Subject cruise, along with the Hong Kong to Vancouver Grand Voyage, have been removed from website; anyone know reason?

thanks,

Marc

Marc,

Information pertaining to a berthing conflict in Vancouver at the end of the Grand Voyage was communicated to booked guests this afternoon.  Ultimately, we had to move the debark date from May 9 to the 8th instead.  The communications shared today outline the available options to those on the single voyage, as well as the Grand Voyage. 

10 minutes ago, Jason OKeefe said:

Marc,

Information pertaining to a berthing conflict in Vancouver at the end of the Grand Voyage was communicated to booked guests this afternoon.  Ultimately, we had to move the debark date from May 9 to the 8th instead.  The communications shared today outline the available options to those on the single voyage, as well as the Grand Voyage. 

We are on the 5/9/21 10 day cruise on Explorer.  On my bookings on Regent website the cruise title is gone.  If it has changed to 7 day we will cancel.  Ten days was actually shorter than we like.   Hmm???

6 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

We are on the 5/9/21 10 day cruise on Explorer.  On my bookings on Regent website the cruise title is gone.  If it has changed to 7 day we will cancel.  Ten days was actually shorter than we like.   Hmm???

rcandkc,

The voyage you are on has been lengthened to 11 nights and should appear online shortly.  Wrangell is the additional port that was added.

Now we know.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR CRUISE ITINERARY 
SEVEN SEAS EXPLORER® DEPARTING APRIL 20, 2021

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner, 

We would like to inform you of a change to your April 20, 2021 20-night North Pacific Sojourn sailing on Seven Seas Explorer from Tokyo to Vancouver. 

Due to a berthing conflict at the Port of Vancouver, this voyage is being modified from 20 nights to 19 nights, and will now arrive in Vancouver on Saturday, May 8, 2021 for debarkation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and to thank you for your understanding we are providing you with a Shipboard Credit of $250 USD per person to use on this voyage. 

In addition, Regent is protecting the price you paid as it is less than the new adjusted lower price you booked when this sailing originally went on sale. You are still guaranteed the lowest fare on this cruise. If you prefer to cancel, Regent will provide you with a Future Cruise Credit of $250 USD per person to use for another voyage and waive cancellation penalties. Please contact Regent by September 27, 2019 if you wish to cancel. 

The new Tokyo to Vancouver itinerary is shown below: 

DATE
DAY
PORT
ARRIVAL
DEPARTURE
Apr 20, 2021
Tue
Tokyo, Japan

6:00 PM
Apr 21, 2021
Wed
Hitachinaka, Japan
8:00 AM
Apr 22, 2021
Thu
Sendai, Japan
7:00 AM
4:00 PM
Apr 23, 2021
Fri
Hakodate, Japan
9:00 AM
5:00 PM
Apr 24, 2021
Sat
At Sea

Apr 25, 2021
Sun
At Sea

Apr 26, 2021
Mon
Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russian Federation
7:00 PM
Apr 27, 2021
Tue
At Sea

Apr 27, 2021
Tue
Crossing the International Date Line

Apr 28, 2021
Wed
At Sea

Apr 29, 2021
Thu
Dutch Harbour, Alaska
Apr 30, 2021
Fri
At Sea

May 1, 2021
Sat
Kodiak, Alaska
May 2, 2021
Sun
Seward, Alaska
May 3, 2021
Mon
Hubbard Glacier
3:00 PM
May 4, 2021
Tue
Sitka, Alaska
May 5, 2021
Wed
Juneau, Alaska
3:00 PM
May 6, 2021
Thu
Ketchikan, Alaska
May 7, 2021
Fri
Seymour Narrows, Canada
9:47 PM

May 8, 2021
Sat
Vancouver, Canada
6:00 AM

Please do not hesitate to contact your Travel Advisor or our Reservations Department, at 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368), if you have questions. 

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

8 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

In addition, Regent is protecting the price you paid as it is less than the new adjusted lower price you booked when this sailing originally went on sale

Does this sentence from the Regent communication make any sense? ........... and more importantly is it equitable?

19 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

In addition, Regent is protecting the price you paid as it is less than the new adjusted lower price you booked when this sailing originally went on sale

flossie009,  obviously this sentence makes no sense. I think they meant to say something like “In addition, Regent is protecting the price you paid when the sailing originally went on sale as it is less than the new adjusted price that was lowered due to shortening the cruise by one day.”   Not the most elegant sentence but I think it conveys the gist of what Regent intended to say. 

Of course it would have been easier to say: “Regent is protecting the price you paid when you booked because it is lower than the current price.“

Dave

Edited by DaveFr
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Does this sentence from the Regent communication make any sense? ........... and more importantly is it equitable?

As DaveFR said, the sentence makes no sense.  But it is in my opinion, not equitable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason OKeefe said:

Marc,

Thank you Jason!  And, for CC posters, this is a really good reason why you should book your air through Regent.  If you had booked this on your own and had to change the date, there would likely be quite a penalty!

39 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Thank you Jason!  And, for CC posters, this is a really good reason why you should book your air through Regent.  If you had booked this on your own and had to change the date, there would likely be quite a penalty!

Since in 2021 no one has booked any flights. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

Since in 2021 no one has booked any flights. 

What a great point.  Not sure what I was thinking!  Still, if a change like that would occur after flights were booked, they would have to pay a penalty.  Guess that when I book a flight on our own, I always think about what would happen if things change.  Glad that you caught that error!

• Haha 1

I don't think $250 shipboard credit per person compensates one less night. I feel Regent should give each passenger

booked a refund based on what their price was at the time they booked this cruise. Those passengers who are booked in

the most expensive suites should be very upset.