Will it really be "Anchorage"?

Canuker

I'm looking at QE out of Vancouver July 09, 2020.

The marketing blurb quotes "Anchorage" as a port of call.

One of the reasons we are interested in the cruise is because it seems to be one of the few that actually docks right in "Anchorage".

Can anyone in the know please tell me if it is indeed Anchorage, rather than one of the outlier ports that requires busing to/from the Capital?

If not, which port will it put into, please?

Although I don't believe that Anchorage has a dedicated cruise ship terminal, cruise ships from Holland America and others have docked at the city's industrial port and shuttled passengers into the city proper.

This July 9, 2020 cruise does look interesting since it also has a stop in Kodiak, which is not a typical Alaskan cruise ship port of call.   

47 minutes ago, BobBranst said:

Although I don't believe that Anchorage has a dedicated cruise ship terminal, cruise ships from Holland America and others have docked at the city's industrial port and shuttled passengers into the city proper.

This July 9, 2020 cruise does look interesting since it also has a stop in Kodiak, which is not a typical Alaskan cruise ship port of call.   

All of what you say is true. A few years ago, my wife and I were on a 14-night HAL cruise that docked in Anchorage and also spent a day in Kodiak. Kodiak is indeed a special place, and the QE will probably be the only ship there that day.

19 minutes ago, Canuker said:

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

And my apologies for my poor geography.

And how many Americans do you think could name even the capitol of 2 provinces?  Maybe they're just more polite than me but at least 3 Americans either didn't notice it or didn't mention it.

Roy

On 9/30/2019 at 1:37 PM, rafinmd said:

And how many Americans do you think could name even the capitol of 2 provinces?  Maybe they're just more polite than me but at least 3 Americans either didn't notice it or didn't mention it.

Roy

or they just do not care