Regent Seven Seas Society Pins

shemansl

Wendy:

When you turn Platinum, you will be recognized by going to the head of the Class (front of Theater) at the Captain's Welcome Reception.  Front row.  Then, the Cpt. and Cruise Director will announce name(s) of those to be so-honored.  Then, you will be awarded with a pin enclosed in a nice box by the Cpt. 

Or--if you do not want the attention, said pin(s) will be forwarded to your cabin.  Your choice.    

Actually, my wife and I enjoyed this ceremony, in that we did not have to get up on the stage to receive same.  It is a nice gesture.  Most important:  ALL laundry now taken care of without additional cost.  

Just wait until we turn Titanium.  My understanding is that nymphs and satyrs appear to strew rose petals at your feet to commence a similar recognition.  

Now, that is snarky.  

GOARMY!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

Wendy:

When you turn Platinum, you will be recognized by going to the head of the Class (front of Theater) at the Captain's Welcome Reception.  Front row.  Then, the Cpt. and Cruise Director will announce name(s) of those to be so-honored.  Then, you will be awarded with a pin enclosed in a nice box by the Cpt. 

Or--if you do not want the attention, said pin(s) will be forwarded to your cabin.  Your choice.    

Actually, my wife and I enjoyed this ceremony, in that we did not have to get up on the stage to receive same.  It is a nice gesture.  Most important:  ALL laundry now taken care of without additional cost.  

Just wait until we turn Titanium.  My understanding is that nymphs and satyrs appear to strew rose petals at your feet to commence a similar recognition.  

Now, that is snarky.  

GOARMY!

Nymphs will also peel a grape for you!

And, as this Thread continues to unravel--in a lightened tone, and in an attempt to reconnect to the central theme, which is a lyre:  The satyr will play a lyre while a nymph feeds the anointed one(s) peeled grapes.

OK.  Let us now move on in our lives  

Best,  GOARMY!

Just a quick comment on the recognition for Platinums. When you are on the world cruise, there will be so many people reaching new status that they just read your name during the SSS party. This applies not only to Platinums,  but Titaniums as well.

7 hours ago, BBWC said:

Just a quick comment on the recognition for Platinums. When you are on the world cruise, there will be so many people reaching new status that they just read your name during the SSS party. This applies not only to Platinums,  but Titaniums as well.

Interesting!  When we became Titanium, there were two passengers that were becoming Platinum.  We did the stage thing and then dinner.  It was a lovely time.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:59 AM, BBWC said:

Oh well, small price to pay (ahem) for being on the world cruise I guess.  And we're not much into hoopla in any case, but we'll have to make the captain's reception this time I'm thinking!  And yes, any full world cruiser will automatically become at least Gold, even if they've never cruised Regent before (and there are some.)

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

When you become Titanium, you likely could have paid for multiple world cruises. While we are personally not interested in a world cruise, when we checked the itinerary, we have been to all but 13 ports  (there were either 48 or 38 ports that we have been to - either by ship or land trips.). Do not have exact numbers as we are in an airport anxiously waiting to get home to our kitties 🐱 

• Haha 1

Right, lots to brag about I guess.

But doing the WC all at once, it's a lot cheaper than doing it in segments.  And of course, we're in the cheap seats onboard as well.  And don't have to do much flying (we're done with that)--just have to fly home from Europe at the end.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Laughing about recognition.  Don’t get me wrong as we love the perks.  But....not only were we not recognized for Platinum status but we asked for our pins twice on the cruise that we achieved that status and only received them on the next cruise after we asked again.  It was kinda disappointing just from the recognition of loyalty.  Perhaps we are not the most vocal Regent cruisers, but we are big fans and I think relatively easy ‘customers’.  This was a silly miss from my perspective. 

But the beat  goes on and we look forward to our Christmas cruise on the Amazon!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1