Noordam - A Passage to New Zealand

richwmn

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

Earlier today Captain Scott opened the Bow and had a small reception. It was a very nice morning out there and everyone seemed to have a nice time.

Opening of the bow and the reception was very nice indeed.  Was that for those staying on board?

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

Opening of the bow and the reception was very nice indeed.  Was that for those staying on board?

It was by invitation which said "A Farewell Reception with The Ship's Crew". It was very nice. I believe I was told early on that Captain Scott will be leaving us tomorrow in Sydney and Hotel Manager Mark Pells told me yesterday that he is leaving in Hobart.

Edited by richwmn

Just now, richwmn said:

It was by invitation which said "A Farewell Reception with The Ship's Crew". It was very nice. I believe I was told early on that Captain Scott will be leaving us tomorrow in Sydney and Hotel Manager Mark Pells told me yesterday that he is leaving in Hobart.

thank you 🙂 

Welcome to Australia, pleased you have good weather Sydney Harbour is so lovely.  I have been following your updates with interest.  We board in Auckland in 2 weeks for the return to Sydney, so will be paying special attention to your future posts. It is the first time on HAL for us,  so expecting things to be a little different to Princess and RC, but looking forward to our trip.  Thanks for the reviews.

19 hours ago, kazu said:

Don’t believe it was for everyone staying on.  F&B Director asked me for a list of CCers so we were all invited.  It was split between yesterday and the day before. 

On 11/8/2019 at 12:01 PM, richwmn said:

I am going to be a bit disappointed tomorrow. The good news is that I will be meeting friends from a previous cruise. The bad news is that we are going to have a very short day. Continuing passengers must present themselves to Australian Immigration with Passport and a declaration card between 9am and 10am, then those of use who boarded in Vancouver must be back on board in time for the 4pm muster drill. A very short day for one of the premier stops on this cruise.

Rich, hope you figured out that we could leave the ship as early as 730 this morning.   Sydney is GORGEOUS... can definitely see coming back for an extended visit.  We arrived earlier than expected this morning so missed sailing into the headlands, past the Opera House and under the bridge so will be up on deck for sailaway although we’re already about 25 minutes delayed leaving.

Edited by zelker

40 minutes ago, zelker said:

Rich, hope you figured out that we could leave the ship as early as 730 this morning.   Sydney is GORGEOUS... can definitely see coming back for an extended visit.  We arrived earlier than expected this morning so missed sailing into the headlands, past the Opera House and under the bridge so will be up on deck for sailaway although we’re already about 25 minutes delayed leaving.

Yes, I did hear the announcement at 7:15. Unfortunately I had already let my friend know about the 9:00 letter so after a bit of juggling we did get together about 8:30 and I had a wonderful day in Sydney

• Like 2

It has been a very busy day. Here is tonight's menu from the Main Dining Room. They didn't post the Lido menu on Navigator so I am not including it tonight. If it is still missing tomorrow, I'll take a picture of it.

menu-dinner.png

menu-dinner2.png

• Like 1

I'm one of the 900 that departed at Sydney today. It was a fantastic journey and didn't seem we were at sea as long as the calendar shows. Days faded into the next like no time  passed at all. We met so many new friends (especially at trivia and Happy Hour in the Crow's Nest) plus my DH & I were fortunate to reconnect with a couple we met on a previous cruise. Attached are a few photos coming into White Bay Cruise Port this morning about 5:30. I'm impressed with Sydney! The people are nice, town is pedestrian-friendly, prices are reasonable, it's clean and architecture is interesting. We're staying a few more days to explore. Bon voyage to all continuing the journey!

IMG_20191109_052230.jpg

MVIMG_20191109_060359.jpg

IMG_20191109_053559.jpg

IMG_20191109_053541.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Iris5383 said:

I'm one of the 900 that departed at Sydney today. It was a fantastic journey and didn't seem we were at sea as long as the calendar shows. Days faded into the next like no time  passed at all. We met so many new friends (especially at trivia and Happy Hour in the Crow's Nest) plus my DH & I were fortunate to reconnect with a couple we met on a previous cruise. Attached are a few photos coming into White Bay Cruise Port this morning about 5:30. I'm impressed with Sydney! The people are nice, town is pedestrian-friendly, prices are reasonable, it's clean and architecture is interesting. We're staying a few more days to explore. Bon voyage to all continuing the journey!

IMG_20191109_052230.jpg

MVIMG_20191109_060359.jpg

IMG_20191109_053559.jpg

IMG_20191109_053541.jpg

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Love the pictures.

Enjoy your stay in Sydney.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 10:04 PM, kazu said:

We were invited to a similar reception the day before. It was called a Farewell Reception with the Ship's Officers, so we thought it was for passengers leaving the ship. . .  It was too windy and cold on the bow; ours was changed to the Crow's Nest. It included unlimited mimoses and pastries plus good conversations with fellow passengers and officers. Fun!

• Like 1