Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
richwmn

Noordam - A Passage to New Zealand

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

Earlier today Captain Scott opened the Bow and had a small reception. It was a very nice morning out there and everyone seemed to have a nice time.

 

Opening of the bow and the reception was very nice indeed.  Was that for those staying on board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kazu said:

 

Opening of the bow and the reception was very nice indeed.  Was that for those staying on board?

It was by invitation which said "A Farewell Reception with The Ship's Crew". It was very nice. I believe I was told early on that Captain Scott will be leaving us tomorrow in Sydney and Hotel Manager Mark Pells told me yesterday that he is leaving in Hobart.

 

Edited by richwmn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, richwmn said:

It was by invitation which said "A Farewell Reception with The Ship's Crew". It was very nice. I believe I was told early on that Captain Scott will be leaving us tomorrow in Sydney and Hotel Manager Mark Pells told me yesterday that he is leaving in Hobart.

 

 

thank you 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning from Sydney, Australia. It is a beautiful, sunny day but a bit chilly.

Activities on the ship for today -

 

20191108_200137.jpg

20191108_200150.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, richwmn said:

Our schedule is tomorrow in Sydney, a day at sea, Melbourne, a day at sea, Hobart, 2 days at sea then New Zealand.

 

 

Thank you for your reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Australia, pleased you have good weather Sydney Harbour is so lovely.  I have been following your updates with interest.  We board in Auckland in 2 weeks for the return to Sydney, so will be paying special attention to your future posts. It is the first time on HAL for us,  so expecting things to be a little different to Princess and RC, but looking forward to our trip.  Thanks for the reviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kazu said:

 

Opening of the bow and the reception was very nice indeed.  Was that for those staying on board?

 

Don’t believe it was for everyone staying on.  F&B Director asked me for a list of CCers so we were all invited.  It was split between yesterday and the day before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 12:01 PM, richwmn said:

I am going to be a bit disappointed tomorrow. The good news is that I will be meeting friends from a previous cruise. The bad news is that we are going to have a very short day. Continuing passengers must present themselves to Australian Immigration with Passport and a declaration card between 9am and 10am, then those of use who boarded in Vancouver must be back on board in time for the 4pm muster drill. A very short day for one of the premier stops on this cruise.

 

Rich, hope you figured out that we could leave the ship as early as 730 this morning.   Sydney is GORGEOUS... can definitely see coming back for an extended visit.  We arrived earlier than expected this morning so missed sailing into the headlands, past the Opera House and under the bridge so will be up on deck for sailaway although we’re already about 25 minutes delayed leaving.

Edited by zelker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Cruise Ship Tracker site, I see the Noordam is on her way.  I am watching the webcam to see her come under the Bridge.  Love the Noordam and hope to cruise on her again before she leaves Australian waters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, zelker said:

Rich, hope you figured out that we could leave the ship as early as 730 this morning.   Sydney is GORGEOUS... can definitely see coming back for an extended visit.  We arrived earlier than expected this morning so missed sailing into the headlands, past the Opera House and under the bridge so will be up on deck for sailaway although we’re already about 25 minutes delayed leaving.

Yes, I did hear the announcement at 7:15. Unfortunately I had already let my friend know about the 9:00 letter so after a bit of juggling we did get together about 8:30 and I had a wonderful day in Sydney

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been a very busy day. Here is tonight's menu from the Main Dining Room. They didn't post the Lido menu on Navigator so I am not including it tonight. If it is still missing tomorrow, I'll take a picture of it.

 

menu-dinner.png

menu-dinner2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm one of the 900 that departed at Sydney today. It was a fantastic journey and didn't seem we were at sea as long as the calendar shows. Days faded into the next like no time  passed at all. We met so many new friends (especially at trivia and Happy Hour in the Crow's Nest) plus my DH & I were fortunate to reconnect with a couple we met on a previous cruise. Attached are a few photos coming into White Bay Cruise Port this morning about 5:30. I'm impressed with Sydney! The people are nice, town is pedestrian-friendly, prices are reasonable, it's clean and architecture is interesting. We're staying a few more days to explore. Bon voyage to all continuing the journey!

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_20191109_052230.jpg

MVIMG_20191109_060359.jpg

IMG_20191109_053559.jpg

IMG_20191109_053541.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iris5383 said:

I'm one of the 900 that departed at Sydney today. It was a fantastic journey and didn't seem we were at sea as long as the calendar shows. Days faded into the next like no time  passed at all. We met so many new friends (especially at trivia and Happy Hour in the Crow's Nest) plus my DH & I were fortunate to reconnect with a couple we met on a previous cruise. Attached are a few photos coming into White Bay Cruise Port this morning about 5:30. I'm impressed with Sydney! The people are nice, town is pedestrian-friendly, prices are reasonable, it's clean and architecture is interesting. We're staying a few more days to explore. Bon voyage to all continuing the journey!

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_20191109_052230.jpg

MVIMG_20191109_060359.jpg

IMG_20191109_053559.jpg

IMG_20191109_053541.jpg

 

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

 

Love the pictures.

 

Enjoy your stay in Sydney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 10:04 PM, kazu said:

 

Opening of the bow and the reception was very nice indeed.  Was that for those staying on board?

We were invited to a similar reception the day before. It was called a Farewell Reception with the Ship's Officers, so we thought it was for passengers leaving the ship. . .  It was too windy and cold on the bow; ours was changed to the Crow's Nest. It included unlimited mimoses and pastries plus good conversations with fellow passengers and officers. Fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of a morning correcting problems at home, so a little late posting the activities for today, a sea day.

 

20191110_090713.jpg

20191110_090731.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, forwardho said:

Can you provide the link to the web cam?

Yes, it's webcamsydney.com.  Looking forward to seeing the Maasdam at the Overseas Passenger Terminal early next Saturday because we will be on it a few hours later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...