Changing a cruise from Celebrity to RC?

welshrich

Hi

We have a Panama Canal cruise booked with Celebrity next year, thinking of changing it over to RC, does anyone know if this can be done?  Before anyone says to call them, I want to ask the experts as I know that sometime you can get 3 different answers when you call customer services so want to be armed with facts before I do.

Any information much appreciated.

6 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

As you are in the UK: In most European countries and I believe including UK this is only possible by cancelation and new booking including paying respective cancellation fees.    

hi, thanks for this, I am in the UK, but I booked it onboard a ship, it does say in the terms that I am allowed one change free of charge.

13 hours ago, welshrich said:

Hi

We have a Panama Canal cruise booked with Celebrity next year, thinking of changing it over to RC, does anyone know if this can be done?  Before anyone says to call them, I want to ask the experts as I know that sometime you can get 3 different answers when you call customer services so want to be armed with facts before I do.

Any information much appreciated.

It depends on who you are calling:

I wanted to switch from Royal to Celebrity. Called Royal. NO cannot be done.

Called Celebrity. Yes can be done. On hold for a few minutes, and done!

This was quite some time ago. Deposits were refundable. What would they do currently, I have no idea.

The best answer you will get is by calling. Good Luck. Keep us posted.

18 hours ago, welshrich said:

hi, thanks for this, I am in the UK, but I booked it onboard a ship, it does say in the terms that I am allowed one change free of charge.

hi, we were told “No” to change our Royal to Celebrity.  The “one change” rule is to change a Royal cruise deposit to an different Royal cruise.  Although the companies are all part of RCCL, Royal/Celebrity/Azamara bookings are not transferable 

the 'one change' is  between sailings on the same line.    the two  entities are operated  separately.  the only cross over is your status on one  nets you an equivalent status on the other regardless of how many times you have actually sailed 

Hello

Just to update, I spoke with Celebrity who were happy to let me do it.  They put a note on the system, then I called back to RCI, who told me it couldn't be done, I asked to speak to someone else, they told me it could be done, with a fee of £150, I explained that I'd been told that there was no fee and the cruise I wanted to change to was almost double the cost, they said the fee was not negotiable, I asked to speak to someone else, who after checking told me if could be done with no fee.   A little persistence pays off.  I'm happy and remain loyal to royal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, welshrich said:

Hello

Just to update, I spoke with Celebrity who were happy to let me do it.  They put a note on the system, then I called back to RCI, who told me it couldn't be done, I asked to speak to someone else, they told me it could be done, with a fee of £150, I explained that I'd been told that there was no fee and the cruise I wanted to change to was almost double the cost, they said the fee was not negotiable, I asked to speak to someone else, who after checking told me if could be done with no fee.   A little persistence pays off.  I'm happy and remain loyal to royal.

You can't make this stuff up!

Glad it worked out for you and thanks for reporting.

1 hour ago, welshrich said:

Hello

I am glad you got it done.

We were able to do it as well some time ago. It was by calling Celebrity.

Edited by Arzeena