Boss Lady wants to swim with Dolphons....

Beer Belly

....but I do not. We are going to Bahamas in April 2020, and they offer a shore excursion to swim with the Dolphins, I do not care to swim with a mammal that can drown me, toss me in the air or push me out to sea (I cannot swim, sink like a rock), but if all I wanted to do was to take the trip, do I still need to pay the full excursion price ?.

It's silly to pay the crazy high price of a dolphin swim if you don't want to swim. You didn't say which island this was offered at... Nassau? I would try to book it independently if there's no spectator option for the shore excursion.

Assuming you are go to Atlantis for this excursion??   They have a dolphin cay beach pass for $35 that you can purchase directly at Atlantis.   You go to the beach area where everyone else does the dolphin encounter and you just stay on land and watch.  You don't have to pay for the full excursion with your wife if you don't want to.

Blue Lagoon gets my vote for sure .. its a beautiful spot even if you don't do the swim.    I was able to stand right there on the dock and watch my partner and his Mom do the swim without having paid the (exhorbitant) package rate.   I just paid a different one that didnt include the swim.    This was on RC tho .. but if u can do Blue Lagoon, youll love it .. beautful beach there.