Meet and Greet Coordinator List

denmarks

On 5/5/2022 at 6:47 PM, rabin1 said:

You cannot pick a time and date and where Princess does that once you connect with them. They tell you all that info. It is easy to figure out the number of people all you do is design a spread sheet and & have those that wish to attend sign up. You then near the end tell Princess. Your really only have one job is to ensure everyone on your roll call knows about it. Some people like to do more for the event but that is all that is required. I just cancelled the one I was going to host as I got some not so nice posts about what I was going to do for the group

Best wishes

I’ve had a different experience in arranging a meeting & I’ve done a lot of meetings on Princess before. I contact Princess with my name & booking number & tell them the date & time I want for our meeting. They reply with the location. Only once have I asked for a different location.  I’ve never let them pick the date & time as I want the 1st sea day in the morning & they have always honored my request. 

I post on the thread for my cruise to contact me as a lot of my cruises their was no roll call. That way I have everyone’s contact information which I use to send a reminder plus I have a count of how many people. It’s a little work to keep a list but that’s my style. I’ve also left people a reminder flyer before on the ship & people told me that helped. 

If I’m organizing anything else like a independent excursion, for me, having a list helps.

You could post all of the details on the thread for your cruise but you may never have a good count of people. 

I’m organizing a meeting on the Discovery Princess for the Love Boat cruise & I anticipate around 100 people. Having this number for me is especially helpful if they move us to another room. 

I’m well known with the booking department but don’t know if that helps. 

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is when I’m first on the ship I ask for a microphone 🎤 which is a big help. 

Tom😀

• Like 2

I contacted Princess and told them I didn't want to be in charge of a M&M (if one even happens).  She took my name off the list.

Really hoping someone volunteers to do this, cuz like I said I think it sounds like a lot of fun.  "Visiting" with peeps on the roll call kinda makes everyone feel like friends.🙂

Have a great day!

2 minutes ago, nini said:

FYI- on the Emerald, the person who coordinates the M&G is Song. She is a delight to work with.

Song is onboard the ship and is a great person.  I have been on several cruises with her and enjoyed every encounter.  She originally started out on the cruise director staff.  In March she provided refreshments for the M&G.  I wish there were more Captain's Circle reps like her! 

I just located the spreadsheet for the events being organized.  Bill & Dianne would like to be included in the Meet and Greet List  by WachesawCruiser as well as the Slot & Pull.  We are located in C436.

1 minute ago, Bp491 said:

I just located the spreadsheet for the events being organized.  Bill & Dianne would like to be included in the Meet and Greet List  by WachesawCruiser as well as the Slot & Pull.  We are located in C436.

You need to post this request in your roll call.  This is for people wanting to set up a M&G.

2 hours ago, Wachesawcruiser said:

Thanks to the group for the info on how to contact Princess for a M&G! Was able to reserve a space and lots of "Roll Callers" have signed up. How do I go about inviting ship officers? 

The email I received said to take a written invitation to Guest Services for anyone you would like to invite. I am inviting the Captain and Cruise Director, and asked in the invitation to please also bring any staff they can spare. We’ll see what happens!

Thanks to the group for the info on how to contact Princess for a M&G! Was able to reserve a space and lots of "Roll Callers" have signed up. How do I go about inviting ship officers? 

I send a letter to all of the Principal Offers inviting them to come. I leave my copies at the Guest Service Desk when I board the ship. 

If you contact me at trbarton743 at aol dot com I’ll send you a copy of what I use. 

Princess use to provide me a copy of the officers but since they no longer do this I go onto the thread for the cruise prior to mine & ask if someone can copy the board for me that has all of the officers. Depending how clear the photo is this can be a big help. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

The preceding answers are just fine but I suggest something different that I have numerous times with excellent results.  I prepare one letter to the captain and invite him and any of his officers that are available and drop that letter off at the Passenger Services Desk immediately after boarding.  If you don't know the captain's name the Group Onboard Services folks can get that for you.  No need to worry about finding out who all of the officers and crew is because the captain will take care of it.

One other thing I do is schedule the M&G for 1½ hours and invite the captain ½ hour after the start time.  I use that ½ hour to let the participants introduce themselves.  I have been to so many M&Gs that I had no idea who was attending and there are usually several people I want to meet and never know who they are.

Like Tom I can send you a copy of a letter I used if you e-mail me at srice(at)yahoo.com.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 11:33 AM, denmarks said:

I would like to update my Meet and Greet Coordinator List. I have updated it to make it easier to find a ship so coordinators are now duplicated. Please post any updates.

Caribbean Coleen Reyes (661)284-4447 creyes@princesscruises.com
Coral Bernadine Grayr (661)284-4448 bgrayr@princesscruises.com
Crown Jodi Rudolph (661)284-4450 jrudolph@princesscruises.com
Diamond Diana Hall (661)284-4449 dhall@princesscruises.com
Emerald Rosanne Pennucci (661)284-4443 rpennucci@princesscruises.com
Golden Jan James (661)284-4452 jjames@princesscruises.com
Grand Jenny Streeck (661)284-4444 Streeck@princesscruises.com
Island Rosanne Pennucci (661)284-4443 rpennucci@princesscruises.com
Majestic Rosanne Pennucci (661)284-4443 rpennucci@princesscruises.com
Pacific Jan James (661)284-4452 jjames@princesscruises.com
Regal Bernadine Grayr (661)284-4448 bgrayr@princesscruises.com
Royal Darlene Howell (661)284-4455 dhowell@princesscruises.com
Ruby Craig Blish (661)284-4417 cblish@princess.com
Sapphire Jenny Streeck (661)284-4444 Streeck@princesscruises.com
Sea Coleen Reyes (661)284-4447 creyes@princesscruises.com
Sky      
Star Diana Hall (661)284-4449 dhall@princesscruises.com
Sun Stacey Anderson (661)284-4333 sanderson@princesscruises.com

Hi, I don't see any contact person for the Sky Princess? 

20 minutes ago, Sea Leg Journeys said:

Hi, I don't see any contact person for the Sky Princess? 

There is no longer a contact person for any ship.  E-mail grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com with your request.  If you don't hear back within a week come back here to get additional information.

Edited by srice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/5/2022 at 6:47 PM, rabin1 said:

You cannot pick a time and date and where Princess does that once you connect with them. They tell you all that info

I always request 10-11am 1st sea day and have only been shifted 1× to 11-12am. That was when I joined a cruise 6 weeks before it goes (now 2 weeks) and set it up super late. 

Also I send hand written party invitations (bought at Dollar Tree) instead of an invite letter as I don't own a printer. Just to 3 + Group Onboard Liaison as we're only 32+. (Captain, CD, DoHM ....) Easy peasy

I have contacted Princess via the email address for the Transatlantic cruise on Regal Princess on November 17th, 2022 sailing from Rome, Italy.

I have coordinated a M&M pre covid on Holland but am unsure how things have changed since then.

Vickie B

1 minute ago, vikidon said:

I have contacted Princess via the email address for the Transatlantic cruise on Regal Princess on November 17th, 2022 sailing from Rome, Italy.

I have coordinated a M&M pre covid on Holland but am unsure how things have changed since then.

Vickie B

That department went through a big downsizing and is try to rebuild.  If you sent your request to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com you should get a reply.  If you haven't heard back from them in a week come back here for something else to try.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, srice said:

That department went through a big downsizing and is try to rebuild.  If you sent your request to grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com you should get a reply.  If you haven't heard back from them in a week come back here for something else to try.

I sent it to that email and also the one for Regal listed above. The one for Regal bounced back to me already. Hoping to hear from them shortly.

Vickie

18 minutes ago, vikidon said:

I sent it to that email and also the one for Regal listed above. The one for Regal bounced back to me already. Hoping to hear from them shortly.

Vickie

How long ago did you send the e-mail?

On 5/2/2022 at 5:13 PM, srice said:

IMHO the most you have to do is determine how many people plan to attend, contact Princess to request a venue at a specific time, prepare a letter for the captain, and lead the event.

Determining the number of participants is probably the most difficult.  You will have to review your roll call so far and determine who wanted a M&G.  You could also announce that you are organizing the event and ask everyone to post if they plan to attend and keep a tally.  That number will change almost every day and may have no relationship to how many people end up attending.  There are always some people who don't show up and some who just show up.  Some of them aren't even on roll call.

Once you get a rough count e-mail Princess and tell them you want to set up a M&G, how many people have signed up so far, request a time and date, and request a venue.  For time and date I suggest 10:30 to noon on the first sea day.  For venue on the Emerald Princess I recommend the Adagio which is on the Sun Deck (Deck 16 aft) and is one of the best kept secrets on the ship.  If you end up with a large group Skywalkers Nightclub (Deck 18 aft) is a good choice.

G

Prepare a letter to the captain inviting him and any members of the staff and crew he might want to invite and give him the time 11 to noon.  The half hour between 10:30 and 11 can be used to let each participant introduce himself.  I have been to numerous M&Gs where I had no idea who the attendees were and some of them I wanted to meet after reading their postings on the roll call.  Once the captain starts talking the only thing remaining is when the captain and crew finishes talking and answering questions you just need to thank all of them for attending and declare the meeting over.

Once it is over you will have a good feeling about what was accomplished and you will have at least seen and heard fellow CC members that you will see during the rest of the cruise. 

I wanted to post this because others might find it helpful and I would  be glad to exchange e-mails with anyone interested.  

The last M&G that I organized was on the Sky NYE sailing.  I contacted Group Services and they set up the day/time/location for the M&G, which is usually the first sea day.  The date had to be changed once because the Captain and Crew had a conflict (a meeting) with the appointed time.  They just rescheduled it for another day. They contacted the Loyal Ambassador on our ship and she offered to invite the Captain and crew, so I didn't have to do it.(In the past, I have written out the invitations, added the names of the officers and Capt. etc when I got on board and brought them to Guest Services and asked them to distribute them.)
I bring a supply of sticky name tags and sharpies and folks fill them out before they come in to the venue. Once the officers arrive, I welcome everyone and hand it over to the Captain or the Hotel General Manager or the Loyalty ambassador and let them take over.
On the Sky it was really easy because we had Captain Tuvo and he took the ball and ran with it.  He introduced all the officers and crew and he is such a chatter box and so entertaining that we had a great M&G!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vikidon said:

Earlier today. I figure if I don't hear by the end of the week I will explore other options.

I can give you one that has worked every time.  It shouldn't be needed but I think those people are swamped.  No doubt they have other things to do besides set up M&Gs.

11 hours ago, suzyed said:

The last M&G that I organized was on the Sky NYE sailing.  I contacted Group Services and they set up the day/time/location for the M&G, which is usually the first sea day.  The date had to be changed once because the Captain and Crew had a conflict (a meeting) with the appointed time.  They just rescheduled it for another day. They contacted the Loyal Ambassador on our ship and she offered to invite the Captain and crew, so I didn't have to do it.(In the past, I have written out the invitations, added the names of the officers and Capt. etc when I got on board and brought them to Guest Services and asked them to distribute them.)
I bring a supply of sticky name tags and sharpies and folks fill them out before they come in to the venue. Once the officers arrive, I welcome everyone and hand it over to the Captain or the Hotel General Manager or the Loyalty ambassador and let them take over.
On the Sky it was really easy because we had Captain Tuvo and he took the ball and ran with it.  He introduced all the officers and crew and he is such a chatter box and so entertaining that we had a great M&G!!!

I would love to take you up on your offer 😏 I need some help with the email request for a MM my email address is robindodd63@gmail.com

5 hours ago, vikidon said:

I was contacted by Heather Greenburg from Princess and we have the Meet and Greet set up ! 

Do they provide coffee, tea and cookies? They have in the past.

Vickie

Meet and Greet-01.jpg

I have only been on 1 Princess cruise that served cookies, etc. and that was on the Emerald Princess in March.  I suggest you e-mail Heather and ask her to contact the Loyalty Ambassador ("LA") for that sailing.  There seems to be a trend that the LAs are assisting with inviting the crew, providing refreshments, and acquiring any special equipment that might be needed like a microphone.  I don't think this is fleetwide yet but worth an e-mail to Heather. 

7 hours ago, srice said:

I have only been on 1 Princess cruise that served cookies, etc. and that was on the Emerald Princess in March.  I suggest you e-mail Heather and ask her to contact the Loyalty Ambassador ("LA") for that sailing.  There seems to be a trend that the LAs are assisting with inviting the crew, providing refreshments, and acquiring any special equipment that might be needed like a microphone.  I don't think this is fleetwide yet but worth an e-mail to Heather. 

I did contact her, they do not provide anything except a bar service. I will ask and see if its possible to get some once I am on board.
It might be Holland America that had the cookies.

Vickie