Norwegian Bliss questions

kattlinx13

Hello. We will be going on the Bliss in a few weeks. We have two adjoining balcony rooms booked. Does anyone know what they supply in the bathrooms as in soap and body wash and shampoo? We are two adults and 4 kids. Each person will have their own bag but whatever toiletry I can leave home will be great. 😉

I have mini loofahs I got but I am hoping there is body wash already in the cabins. If so is it good?

Also... all kids are ages- 15, 17, 19, am 20. They will all have the soda package. Do you know if they will be able to get non alcoholic pina coladas or will we have to pay out of pocket? 
we did the Gem together 4 years ago and I can’t remember. 🙂

thanks 

42 minutes ago, kattlinx13 said:

Hello. We will be going on the Bliss in a few weeks. We have two adjoining balcony rooms booked. Does anyone know what they supply in the bathrooms as in soap and body wash and shampoo? We are two adults and 4 kids. Each person will have their own bag but whatever toiletry I can leave home will be great. 😉 I have mini loofahs I got but I am hoping there is body wash already in the cabins. If so is it good? Also... all kids are ages- 15, 17, 19, am 20. They will all have the soda package. Do you know if they will be able to get non alcoholic pina coladas or will we have to pay out of pocket?  we did the Gem together 4 years ago and I can’t remember. 🙂 thanks 

There will be liquid body wash, shampoo/conditioner dispensers in the shower. Liquid soap at the skin. and a small bar of soap. The vast majority of people on the ship will use the ship-provided soap and shampoo. And there is no need to haul additional stuff from home. 

image.thumb.png.f617f35e1ae0f56f0d3fc5202697bdfd.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

I’m sort of picky when it comes to shampoo etc, and imho it isn’t good.  Even the ones the Haven has is just okay and not great.   I always bring my own.  My hair looks bad enough on a ship, no need to have it dried out like straw by the end of the week.  

• Like 2

Yeah we are definitely bringing good shampoo and conditioner as all the girls have colored hair including me. Maybe I’ll bring one big bottle of body wash and when it runs out then everyone will have to then use the green one on the wall. 😂

Assuming the balconies are not less luxurious than the Studios, the bathroom will include dispensers of:

• Body wash - it's an unattractive green but it has a nice lemongrass scent
  • 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner
  • Hand soap

There was also bar soap and a tube of body lotion, but I didn't open either one.

If you have colored hair (I do, too), I strongly recommend bringing along your own shampoo and conditioner. My hair felt almost crunchy after a few days of using the NCL stuff. I pay far too much for this color to mess it up!

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shidah said:

I’m sort of picky when it comes to shampoo etc, and imho it isn’t good.  Even the ones the Haven has is just okay and not great.   I always bring my own.  My hair looks bad enough on a ship, no need to have it dried out like straw by the end of the week.  

If you are in a spa room or Haven room you'll get Bvgari products

image.png.c85522da526b04125b12c7837756482f.png

39 minutes ago, coastcat said:

Assuming the balconies are not less luxurious than the Studios, the bathroom will include dispensers of:

• Body wash - it's an unattractive green but it has a nice lemongrass scent
  • 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner
  • Hand soap

There was also bar soap and a tube of body lotion, but I didn't open either one.

If you have colored hair (I do, too), I strongly recommend bringing along your own shampoo and conditioner. My hair felt almost crunchy after a few days of using the NCL stuff. I pay far too much for this color to mess it up!

I agree 100%. Already have redone shampoo and conditioner. Do you remember if the hand soap is dispenser too or just bar soap? My husband won’t use the bar soap lol. Whenever we go away I have to bring a hand soap. 

2 hours ago, kattlinx13 said:

I agree 100%. Already have redone shampoo and conditioner. Do you remember if the hand soap is dispenser too or just bar soap? My husband won’t use the bar soap lol. Whenever we go away I have to bring a hand soap. 

There's a wall-mounted dispenser filled with liquid hand soap by the cabin's sink. There's also a (boxed) bar of soap. 

Can't remember the last time I bought bar soap for home use... was it even in this century?

Edited by coastcat

I always bring my own shampoo, conditioner and (large) bars of soap.

I have never understood why there is such a product as 'conditioning shampoo'!  In my view, shampoo and conditioner are TWO separate products that are SUPPOSED to be applied SEPARATELY and not TOGETHER!  Any place that combines the two products is just saving money (as well as another dispenser)!

• Like 1

Just returned yesterday from bliss. No bar of soap. No lotion. Just a soap dispenser by sink and soap and shampoo dispenser in shower. 

My boys were able to order virgin blended drinks on soda package but it may have just been a fluke that we were not charged. Ymmv.

2 hours ago, stephenecs said:

Just returned yesterday from bliss. No bar of soap. No lotion. Just a soap dispenser by sink and soap and shampoo dispenser in shower. 

My boys were able to order virgin blended drinks on soda package but it may have just been a fluke that we were not charged. Ymmv.

Thank you. If I may also ask you... what did you all think about the Bliss? I am a lil upset the go carts are now $200 for the week when it was $100 when we booked. Did you guys do the go carts or laser tag? We are a family of six with (4) kids and the last time we took kids on the gem so this will be a lot bigger and better. 

7 hours ago, kattlinx13 said:

Thank you. If I may also ask you... what did you all think about the Bliss? I am a lil upset the go carts are now $200 for the week when it was $100 when we booked. Did you guys do the go carts or laser tag? We are a family of six with (4) kids and the last time we took kids on the gem so this will be a lot bigger and better. 

Having just returned I am in the process of a detailed review/trip report. 

In short our cruise was not that good.

First time on ncl.  Previously we have cruised with Disney or royal Caribbean. 

The bliss was just too darn big.  People everywhere.  The bars and dining rooms were very inefficient. The buffet was like seagulls fighting over a french fry.

The crew was downright rude at times. Although I am not entirely sure that is the fault of the crew. I dont think that they have been properly trained and they all seemed way overwhelmed and overworked. 

Finally I was very surprised by the amount of marketing and selling going on every where.  Ncl is very good at getting you to spend more money once onboard.

The bright spots were the mojito bar and carla and Nestor.  Also getting on and off the boat was very efficient considering the size of the thing.

7 hours ago, kattlinx13 said:

Oh and yes we did both the karts and laser tag. Both fun but the reservations go FAST and it adds up quick. Did not fo the unlimited as my kids didn't think they would use it enuff to warrant $200

2 hours ago, stephenecs said:

Oh and yes we did both the karts and laser tag. Both fun but the reservations go FAST and it adds up quick. Did not fo the unlimited as my kids didn't think they would use it enuff to warrant $200

Thank you so much for all your insight. I know it will be overwhelming as my husband and I did the escape last year out of nyc. We would like to take the kids on a bigger ship than the jewel class as we have done in the past and we like to go out of nyc. Do you remember who the cruise director was by any chance? 
thanks. 🙂