Princess Cays Clamshell Rental Locations?

loving goldens

10 minutes ago, loving goldens said:

We are doing our first Princess cruise March 2020... just wondering if the clamshell rentals  are in good locations and can you choose where you are placed? Thanks 

There are two areas that the clam shells are set up. It is pretty much on a first come basis for the better spots. I will admit it has been awhile since I've been to Princess Cay. So if I'm wrong I will be corrected.😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

There are two areas that the clam shells are set up. It is pretty much on a first come basis for the better spots. I will admit it has been awhile since I've been to Princess Cay. So if I'm wrong I will be corrected.😊

We were there in January and you are correct on both counts. 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, loving goldens said:

We are doing our first Princess cruise March 2020... just wondering if the clamshell rentals  are in good locations and can you choose where you are placed? Thanks 

The other replies are correct regarding two areas and first come on those (make sure to reserve your clam shell ahead).  Personally my wife and I have always enjoyed the Little Bay side of the island which is to the right as you come in to the marina on the tender.  This area is a little more relaxed and I prefer the snorkeling there as well.  Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Culinarycruiseguy said:

The other replies are correct regarding two areas and first come on those (make sure to reserve your clam shell ahead).  Personally my wife and I have always enjoyed the Little Bay side of the island which is to the right as you come in to the marina on the tender.  This area is a little more relaxed and I prefer the snorkeling there as well.  Have a great cruise.

Ditto. 

Make a right after getting off the tender (or whatever Princess is calling them now).

First come, first served. 

Andrew 🙂

We were just at P Cay yesterday (now @Sea bound for STT).  There are clamshells both left and right now.  And plenty of them.  They were never all sold and in use.  I also felt that Princess must have recently replaced all the lounge chairs as they looked to have new blue webbing, and didn't see saggy ones at all.  I just wish those loungers had a more upright position setting for the back or that there were a lot of chairs (just personal).  There were a phenomenal number of loungers.  We were there on the CROWN, so obviously a Royal Class ship would be more people, so tons of space, but most of it in the sun.

For those not been there for a while, there is a decent-sized covered area while waiting for return shuttle service.  Also, they scan bags before boarding shuttle, so once you are back on board, you just head off to cabin or wherever. 

Finally, about the clamshells... we may have tried on once many years back, but they are setup facing the ocean - naturally - but the sun is around that way, shining towards shore basically all afternoon, so sun in afternoon is shining into the clamshell, so IMO you would want to open it up at the back for airflow and tilt it forward to provide shade.  So, we prefer to find other situation.