Which pier does Norwegian use in San Juan?

Ryanryanryan

My understanding of the NCL San Juan Port

If your cruise is originating at San Juan - it will be the Pan American Pier Revised Google Map:

Look for the Red Markers

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pan+American+Pier+2+West/@18.4607663,-66.1050874,16z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x0:0x0!2zMTjCsDI3JzQzLjUiTiA2NsKwMDYnMzcuMyJX!3b1!8m2!3d18.462074!4d-66.110366!3m4!1s0x8c036ed811faa6ad:0xb3418f556d965096!8m2!3d18.4589971!4d-66.0977036

If your cruise is port calling at San Juan the pier will be as noted in the previous post Muelle #4 in the Old Town.

Muelle #4 is commonly used by the Carnival ships.

As usual YMMV with schedules ship movements etc.

In essence a port call is a brief stop using Pier #4

Overnight anchorage resupplying originating port will be at the Pan American facility

On 11/18/2019 at 6:11 AM, GeriatricNurse said:

I never disembark the ship in San Juan as there is really not much there except for kiosks/stores selling trinkets, (let alone the beggars and stray dogs)!

Then you're missing Paseo de la Princesa which takes you around the outside of the city along the base of a centuries old fortified wall, El Morro and San Cristobal forts, the oldest Catholic church in the US, a tour of the Bacardi distillery, a day at the beach in Isla Verde or Condado, tons of good restaurants with all kinds of foods from local to around the world, maybe a day trip to El Yunque (the only rain forest in the US Forest Service system). There's also Casa Blanca, which is the house built for Governor Juan Ponce de Leon. He died before living in it and now it's a period museum. There are a few art galleries as well. So, with al due respect, if all you see in San Juan are a few kiosks, beggars and strays, you're really missing out on a whole bunch of stuff of things to do.

• Like 5

NCL uses the San Juan Cruise Port.

While the first person that I communicated with after disembarking the ship was a beggar, San Juan is definitely more than just beggars and strays, but it is not at the top of my list when it comes to cruise stops. We stopped there twice, and both stops were in the evening (5:00-midnight which I wasn't a fan of). Our first stop we toured El Morro which was nice to check out, and our second trip which was roughly two weeks ago, we took an Uber to Isla Verde. The beach was nice but nothing to die for. Excursions were limited on both trips because of the evening hours spent on the island. If you have never been then definitely give it a chance, and I will still disembark if a future cruise I am on stops there, however it is slowly turning into a port like Nassau for me where you just don't even get off the ship anymore because you have either been there enough times or just don't really care for it anymore.

Last January on Dawn we departed from Pan American.  When we returned we tied to a pier directly across from PA.  Sorry I forget the name. When I called our car service he knew where we were, told us it happened often. Just be aware if that is what you are trying to do.  Ditto on the stevedores, the port employees struggled with embarkation as well.  But it was sunny and warm so it was what it was

3 hours ago, Stinger-pr said:

Then you're missing Paseo de la Princesa which takes you around the outside of the city along the base of a centuries old fortified wall, El Morro and San Cristobal forts, the oldest Catholic church in the US, a tour of the Bacardi distillery, a day at the beach in Isla Verde or Condado, tons of good restaurants with all kinds of foods from local to around the world, maybe a day trip to El Yunque (the only rain forest in the US Forest Service system). There's also Casa Blanca, which is the house built for Governor Juan Ponce de Leon. He died before living in it and now it's a period museum. There are a few art galleries as well. So, with al due respect, if all you see in San Juan are a few kiosks, beggars and strays, you're really missing out on a whole bunch of stuff of things to do.

We absolutely love Puerto Rico, we have started and ended cruises there and even went there as a port day. We have visited during the January festival which is spectacular, the music and food are phenomenal.  We really enjoy the one port day where we walked off the ship and were able to walk all the way to El Morro while many were still sleeping to enjoy the peace.  We have barely scratched the surface in Puerto Rico and will be sailing from there again in February!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dporter said:

We absolutely love Puerto Rico, we have started and ended cruises there and even went there as a port day. We have visited during the January festival which is spectacular, the music and food are phenomenal.  We really enjoy the one port day where we walked off the ship and were able to walk all the way to El Morro while many were still sleeping to enjoy the peace.  We have barely scratched the surface in Puerto Rico and will be sailing from there again in February!

Agree!  We go a couple of days early and stay a couple days after our cruise. There is so much to see and do. The history is amazing. We'll be there in January this year so we'll get to check out the festival. Can't wait!

• Like 2