Southampton Parking

darknightsdespiser

1 hour ago, so,ton saint said:

With Holiday Extras you have a choice, both with independent company,s  meet and greet at the car park ( parking for cruise ships)  or park and ride with a company called Air lynx parking out side the terminal.

I took the meet and greet

22 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

What do you believe is so special about the service CPS provide?

I have never said or insinuated that CPS provide anything special I was replying to Vampire's post #12 that they had booked with Holiday Extras and been told that it would be the same people from CPS parking there car when it clearly isnt and were wrong to tell them that.

29 minutes ago, brillo said:

CPS is by far the easiest to use if slightly more expensive than some.

"Slightly" is a massive understatement when you compare prices to someone like Parking4cruises on stays of over 21 days

Cruise in October for 28nts CPS £289, P4C £144.99 that is certainly a bit more than "slightly more expensive" and the only difference is dropping your luggage off at terminal then a very short drive to short stay car park and a 50m walk back to terminal.

24 minutes ago, brillo said:

You have your opinion I have mine

Brillo, whilst CPS may be slightly more convenient, the fact is that they are considerably more expensive than Parking4cruises.  I am more than happy to walk 50 yards in order to save £100!

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Brillo, whilst CPS may be slightly more convenient, the fact is that they are considerably more expensive than Parking4cruises.  I am more than happy to walk 50 yards in order to save £100!

don’t get yards can’t never work it out. How many minutes you think it will take? 

This has probably been highlighted before.

When booking a select fare cruise if you are only offered the minimum OBC of say £30.00 or the free CPS car parking then obviously we go for the free parking option.

Although we have always used CPS in the past if we are offered a substantial amount of OBC then we would probably consider alternatives.

6 hours ago, P-L-B said:

Although we have always used CPS in the past if we are offered a substantial amount of OBC then we would probably consider alternatives.

Only if the OBC offer X2 is lower than the P4C and the CPS price would it be worth taking the free parking, and so far that has never been the case for any of our 12/14 night cruises.

35 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Only if the OBC offer X2 is lower than the P4C and the CPS price would it be worth taking the free parking, and so far that has never been the case for any of our 12/14 night cruises.

In our case we have had several 7 night/inside cabin cruises where the combined OBC offered has been low and therefore it has been beneficial for us to take the free parking.

Also, there has been occasions where we have forfeited the basic £30/40 X2 OBC for the free car parking but retained the additional OBC that we have been offered.

Edited by P-L-B

10 hours ago, P-L-B said:

In our case we have had several 7 night/inside cabin cruises where the combined OBC offered has been low and therefore it has been beneficial for us to take the free parking.

Also, there has been occasions where we have forfeited the basic £30/40 X2 OBC for the free car parking but retained the additional OBC that we have been offered.

We have to book on launch so never get extra OBC, and with a long journey down to Southampton, we don't think 7 night cruises are worth our while.

• Thanks 1

We've found parkingforcruiseships.co.uk to be very good. You drop off your luggage and any passengers who do not want to walk at the terminal, then head to the short term carpark opposite the terminal, hand your keys over and they park it for you and have it back when you return. Friendly service and we found cheaper than the competition.

4 hours ago, john watson said:

Is it just my imagination or is parking your car becoming more contentious than attending formal nights in a mao suit?

Regards John

I don't think the selection of which company to use is that contentious. 

The real argument seems to be between those people who are obsessive about not letting anyone else drive their car, and those like myself, who really couldn't care less.

Just now, wowzz said:

I don't think the selection of which company to use is that contentious. 

The real argument seems to be between those people who are obsessive about not letting anyone else drive their car, and those like myself, who really couldn't care less.

..........and with P4C there is rarely more than 4/5 miles on the clock, so its hard even for Southampton chauffeur drivers to do much damage to the engine and, since they take plenty of photos, if they damage the bodywork the repairs will be on their account.