Yacht Club DINNER Menus

Host Jazzbeau

5 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I was also puzzled by the YC/non-YC group.  The only thing I can figure out was that the 3- or 4-some who appeared to be in YC might have been travelling with some who were not, and that eating in MDR was the only way to do so together.  They had a fairly big table, and seemed to enjoy it!  It was a fixed dining time, so they must have pre-planned it.  All just a guess on my part, of course.

I appreciate your thoughts.  Quite reasonable as to what the realities were for these MSC guests.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/6/2020 at 6:46 PM, rkacruiser said:

I was not aware that this was possible.  Did the YC guests have a specific area and Stewards in the MDR?  If they were dining in the MDR nightly, why would they choose to do so?  

When I sailed on Meraviglia in January, I tried to find menus posted to see what was being offered.  I don't think I could ever see a dining room because of the solid doors being closed every time I walked by.  I was curious.  If a YC guest could ask to have a dinner or other meal in the MDR, that would be another interesting experience, at least for me.  

I was very pleased with the ambiance, cuisine, and service in the YC Restaurant.  But, as I just typed, it would be interesting to see what my fellow non-YC guests were being served.

(I did make a few surveys of the buffet restaurant offerings during my voyage.  Most looked good and varied.  But, I got the impression that the menu for lunch didn't change much--if at all--from day to day.  I did sample the pizza.  Very good!)

We were in YC on MSC Seaview for Christmas 2019. When we saw both YC and MDR menu for Christmas Dinner, we requested a table in the MDR. I do sometimes wish that we could get some of the MDR dishes sent up to the YC! I'm sure that in December we will do the same again for at least one meal.

• 4 weeks later...

From the the menus displayed am right in thinking that is the total menu for each evening? If that is the case then I find the choices limited when you consider you are paying more to be in the Yacht Club. On Celebrity Cruises Diner menu’s you have one page with a set menu and and on the other page is another menu that changes every day. 

5 hours ago, chromered7 said:

From the the menus displayed am right in thinking that is the total menu for each evening? If that is the case then I find the choices limited when you consider you are paying more to be in the Yacht Club. On Celebrity Cruises Diner menu’s you have one page with a set menu and and on the other page is another menu that changes every day. 

There is always a new dinner menu presented.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/9/2021 at 5:35 AM, Couple-Somerset said:

I always ask if they could prepare some food that the crew enjoy at home (usually some form of spicy dish) 

Thanks for the idea.  What type of cuisine are you usually served?  Italian?  Asian of some type?  European of some type?  

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see some menus though the Med sailings do have different fare than the US.

We'd love if the food more closely resembled the Med though never had a bad meal in YC.

FWIW we have Captn Club status with Cel yet now much prefer MSC YC.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 1:44 PM, chromered7 said:

@chromered7

YC has a variety of things available every day (like Aqua class and suite class on Cel)

The menus change every day so if you see a risotto you want to try--order it. its not on the menu the next day.

We found there were always more great choices than time/meals to enjoy them and never had a bad meal in YC.

We enjoyed X's menus (Baltics vary from say the Med) and  after sailing AQ we just dont enjoy the MDR at all.

In Blu we could get something from MDR on the M class ships- escargot for example

-- the S class was not so easy.... and really... there is always something decent on the Blu menu.

We have high Captn club status with X yet feel MSC YC is a better product--

--though MSC is a very european feel in its product (we lived in Europe and went to school there) so for us its a better fit

In YC we used our Italian, French and Spanish skills.. and it made me wish we had learned German -- such a lovely mix of guests. 

The saddest thing here on CC is to read from folks who want MSC to be RCCL, NCL or Carnival etc...

and the private island Ocean Cay is planned as a reserve--they spent years to plan it--and do coral reef research. No zip lines no trams. It is sun, lovely water ...

We love MSC and others prefer and love RCCL etc... Really its what you prefer as your vacation style.

Edited by Fogfog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm sure that the YC menus are different depending on the region you are sailing in. Are the menus the same for each ship in that region or does the YC Chef have the power to change his menu for his ship? Last 3 sailings on Meraviglia. Next 4 on Divina. Would be nice to have a different menu.

3 hours ago, miataman19 said:

I'm sure that the YC menus are different depending on the region you are sailing in. Are the menus the same for each ship in that region or does the YC Chef have the power to change his menu for his ship? Last 3 sailings on Meraviglia. Next 4 on Divina. Would be nice to have a different menu.

wonder the same but the

Ice cream pyramid
with caramelised meringue

could i order every day.

IMG_9058.thumb.JPG.566347287f3b2c3277fec325931dd4cb.JPG

the menu at my gala dinner at seaviwe last year was i think the same then the one postet form grandiosa.

my starter and main:

shrimp coktail

IMG_9056.thumb.JPG.f2e229ec281ec350721d27443af75e1e.JPG

filet of beef

IMG_9057.thumb.JPG.025f8626402bfc0a2fc660fff8929e78.JPG

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, pappahbuttz said:

On my last cruise on the Meraviglia we were treated to a wonderful Indian cuisine after a conversation with the chef! I wonder if he was happy to cook something different!

What did he prepare for you?  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/16/2022 at 1:31 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

Seashore June 2022

Each menu sounds delicious!  I'd have a difficult time of making selections.  The variety of the Risottos' that the chefs create are amazing to me.  And, whatever I ordered, my palate was pleased.

These menus are, in my opinion, better than those that I have read on the Cunard Board for the Princess Grill.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 8:45 PM, kessdarln said:

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing.  Now for the serious question. What is a cheese trolley and where do I find one 😍

On Meraviglia, there was a trolley near the entrance of the YC Restaurant with a variety of cheeses covered with a clear plastic (glass?) cover and baskets of assorted crackers and breads.  (Maybe breads?  Don't clearly remember.)  Ask your Steward and I expect you "will receive".  (Or in this era of Covid, a plate of what you request?)  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

On Meraviglia, there was a trolley near the entrance of the YC Restaurant with a variety of cheeses covered with a clear plastic (glass?) cover and baskets of assorted crackers and breads.  (Maybe breads?  Don't clearly remember.)  Ask your Steward and I expect you "will receive".  (Or in this era of Covid, a plate of what you request?)  

We asked our butler for a cheese tray along with Gluten Free crackers.  He had some difficulty finding the crackers and left us with three boxes to make sure we had enough for the entire cruise. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Nashna said:

We asked our butler for a cheese tray along with Gluten Free crackers.  He had some difficulty finding the crackers and left us with three boxes to make sure we had enough for the entire cruise. 

Oh glad to hear.  Not much of a sweets eater, but love cheese and savory treats.  

On 9/7/2022 at 11:59 PM, kessdarln said:

Oh glad to hear.  Not much of a sweets eater, but love cheese and savory treats.  

If I recall, the in room refrigerator had some really great chocolate covered peanuts and some other goodies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, luv2cruzuk said:

Thanks for all the information here, I found it really useful.  I've just returned from a week in Yacht Club onboard the MSC Seashore.  I've created this video of my MSC Seashore Yacht Club Food Experience.

Hello from Canada! Funnny... I just watched your videos including this one. I am sailing Seashore YC Back 2 Back November 6th-20th. I really enjoyed your honest opinions on the food/deserts etc. I am not a huge fis or cheese fan, but I have always found more than enough good food to eat with little/no complaints from me lol. I will defiantly go to the Butchers cut for dinner at least once (eaten there on past cruises and enjoyed it) and am thinking to trying the Kaito Teppanyaki as well . Thanks again for your excellent videos!

• Thanks 1