Happy hour?

lbt43

Yes as far as I know (and I'm sure it would be big news on CC), there are one or two happy hours per day (port days may vary?). It will be in your What and Where or When or whatever the Daily is called. That is left on your bed each night. 

The deal is Buy one drink, get a second OF THE SAME DRINK for $2. It may be in two bars consecutively 4-5,5-6 for instance. Whatever it says in Daily. (Hint: you can get beers unopened and take to your cabin's fridge.)

There is also a Drink of the Day. I think the price is $1 or so less than a shot of the intoxicant would be neat. I may be wrong on that. It may be just that it is an unusual drink!

Others can add to this.

Yes to above... there is a happy hour usually around 4:00, and another later in the evening (9 or 10 pm, I forget) at specified bars. When we were on the Maasdam in the spring every day they offered an unpublicized happy hour at 4pm at the sea view bar also (outdoor aft pool area).

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere in this forum happy hour rules have changed so you don’t have to order two of the same drinks... maybe only select sailings? That would be wonderful as we are going on the Koningsdam soon also!

Just got off Koningsdam on Nov 13, happy hour was 400-630 in virtually every bar (may have been a few exclusions). Second drink(had to be same drink) was $2, and they would hold it till you finished first drink. Saw one group share abottle of champagne.

If you're at the Ocean Bar, tell Michael and Charles Bud and Kathy said hello! Great staff!

54 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

So, how does Happy Hour work when you have the Signature Beverage Package? We got the SBP included free as a promo on our upcoming 14 night TA. 
I suppose it's a moot point but just curious.

May effect you if you have already consumed your 15/day drink limit.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TriumphGuy said:

So, how does Happy Hour work when you have the Signature Beverage Package? We got the SBP included free as a promo on our upcoming 14 night TA. 

No observation of Happy Hour if you have SBP/EBP. They would come around singing "Happy Hour", and we would say, "Always Happy Hour for us!"

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Crew News said:

FWIW the Konigsdam BB King Bar had a Louis XIII cognac for $100/shot and during Happy Hour the second shot was just $2.  It is not on any bar menu but needs to be requested.  Enjoy.

Now that is an interesting deal :).  Even at $100 a shot, Louis X111 is a fair price.  At $51 per shot they would be selling it under cost.

Hank

• Like 1