Best Way to get from San Diego Airport to Cruise Terminal

Jother

I am a party of one arriving at SAN and needing a transfer to the Crystal Symphony departing from the Cruise Terminal in San Diego.  From what I can tell, this is about a 6 mile journey.  Crystal wants $42 to transfer by bus one-way, which seems a bit high for so short a distance.

I don't know whether or not Uber operates in San Diego, so I would appreciate any guidance you might be willing to offer about the best way to get from the airport to the ship in San Diego on December 21.

Thanks in advance.  Jothie

Agreed, the distance is short but I wouldn't walk it (but you could, they are so close). I'm so glad you posted here first - I agree that the best way is taxi, or ride-share. You could split a cab with someone else who is also going to the pier. 😊

Enjoy your cruise! 🚢

• Like 1

We agree with the others. We have seen people trailing with their luggage along the waterfront from the pier to the airport; its a nice walk, but not necessarily with luggage in tow. Uber & Lyft are two good options and taxi's are readily available if one is uncomfortable using ride-shares. Very economical; airport to pier in about 15 minutes or less (depending on traffic lights).

• Like 1

We have two 6 year olds in our family and we are looking for similar options to go from airport to the cruise terminal. How strict are Uber / Lyft drivers about the need to use car seats for kids ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chanc said:

We have two 6 year olds in our family and we are looking for similar options to go from airport to the cruise terminal. How strict are Uber / Lyft drivers about the need to use car seats for kids ? 

Very, it's a huge citation not to mention civil liability.  I think you can request an Uber with car seats.  Can they use booster seats at six?  We have traveled with young granddaughters and have usually just used a car service that will provide car seats.  They were younger than six.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Very, it's a huge citation not to mention civil liability.  I think you can request an Uber with car seats.  Can they use booster seats at six?  We have traveled with young granddaughters and have usually just used a car service that will provide car seats.  They were younger than six.  

Yeah they can use boosters at this age but I was hoping to avoid having to bring boosters with me on this trip.  

• Like 1