Royals UK website is now just like the US one

molly361

Except so far I don't see a place to enter your C and A number and promo or discount codes such as senior, military

It only shows limited availability now just like the one here in the US   BUMMER!!

Edited by molly361

You enter your C&A number when entering guest details and then it tacks on any relevant discount at the end

I dislike how you can no longer see the sailing dates directly on the Itinerary pages. You now have to click into an itinerary to see what dates it departs.

Edited by swoopy2110

I really dislike it. You have to put your C&A number in when entering guest details, so you cannot see the final price until right at the end. Also, there does not seem to be anywhere to enter other discounts which you may have such as military etc. It makes a quick price search very difficult. 

A real step backwards in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of it either, I liked being able to see what the C&A price was early on. If you're looking at a few different itineries, it's a bit of a faff now. And no it doesn't offer refundable deposits. Would be nice if they changed their T's&C's to be just like the US too! Wouldn't mind the website change if we could also get price drops and refundable deposits!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, DoctorRN said:

A real step backwards in my opinion.

Its been taking steps backwards since the introduction of the Universal Guest Account.

If you are going to amalgamate several websites... take the best bits of each and make one great site!  

Is it really that difficult? …. er…. yes, it would seem it is!

2 minutes ago, icsys said:

Its been taking steps backwards since the introduction of the Universal Guest Account.

If you are going to amalgamate several websites... take the best bits of each and make one great site!  

Is it really that difficult? …. er…. yes, it would seem it is!

Agreed. Last time they changed the UK C&A page, they stopped us requesting our loyalty bonus gift online. Now you have to either call or email RCCL and can’t find an online list to look at to decide. Make it very confusing.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Except so far I don't see a place to enter your C and A number and promo or discount codes such as senior, military

It only shows limited availability now just like the one here in the US   BUMMER!!

Very sorry to hear this.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I used the UK site to check cabin availability as it used to show a LOT more than the U S site did

That part still works, for now, if you had bookmarked a cruise.

Edited by Biker19

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That part still works, for now, if you had bookmarked a cruise.

I don't have any bookmarked.  I was wondering if there was a link to go in the back way or whatever you call it to get the old site  Can you see availability for all cruises or just the one that you have bookmarked?  If you can get into other cruises can you post a link?  Thanks

Edited by molly361

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If you can get into other cruises can you post a link?

This might to work if you replace the date and the 2 letter ship code in the URL (the one below is for Anthem, on 3/22 next year):

https://booking.royalcaribbean.co.uk/searchCruise.htm?sail_date=3/22/2020&ship=AN&iti=7BH028&type=co&country=GB&cur=GBP&com=LON&div=LONDIR&brand=RCL&adt=2

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This might to work if you replace the date and the 2 letter ship code in the URL (the one below is for Anthem, on 3/22 next year):

https://booking.royalcaribbean.co.uk/searchCruise.htm?sail_date=3/22/2020&ship=AN&iti=7BH028&type=co&country=GB&cur=GBP&com=LON&div=LONDIR&brand=RCL&adt=2

Are you on 3/22?

It didn't work for me.  Did as @Biker recommended and got an error message.  

We're very sorry

We are unable to process your request at this time. (# B2C07A6A8BD506E13F35BB2F6D661D73)

Our friendly Customer Service staff might be able to help you find and book cruise for these dates over the phone.

Edited by molly361

If the USA site has the "see if you qualify for exclusive rates" option on the first page, and if the UK site now copies the base template of the USA site.... which bright-spark made the conscious decision to remove this option from the UK front page.. - asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

If the USA site has the "see if you qualify for exclusive rates" option on the first page, and if the UK site now copies the base template of the USA site.... which bright-spark made the conscious decision to remove this option from the UK front page.. - asking for a friend.

Obviously Royal felt that the UK site was much to useable, so they have removed functionality.  Probably more "improvements" coming.

• Haha 2