How similar are the Magic and the Dream?

Wolfsrule

I’m going on the Magic in September 2020 (booked it back in June a few days after coming off the Conquest..the wait feels like FOREVER lol). I know they are in the same class. I’ve been on the Dream back in 2016 but never the Magic. How similar are they? 

Edited by Wolfsrule

54 minutes ago, Crusin Hogs said:

They are about the same , same designer did both ,,The Breeze in the same class is different , It had a different designer , It is very nice ,,, 14 cruises , even on the newer ships , Breeze is the best of Carnival 

Thanks. I loved the design on the Conquest personally. Beautiful artwork. Dream was pretty to but not like Conquest.

4 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

Magic is pretty bland compared with Conquest.  

I respectfully disagree. We have been on all 3 and the Conquest was our least favorite. We loved both the Dream and Magic. We had similar Cloud 9 Spa Balcony cabins and loved them. 

Saint Greg already mentioned the biggest difference between the two ships. The other thing good about Magic is it was the last ship designed by Joe Farcus and has a nice decor.  Breeze, Vista, and Horizon (I have not been on Panorama yet) all look very similar and are very boring looking in my opinion.  I realize my views are very subjective and not everyone feels the same way. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coevan said:

I respectfully disagree. We have been on all 3 and the Conquest was our least favorite. We loved both the Dream and Magic. We had similar Cloud 9 Spa Balcony cabins and loved them. 

you didn't read the original posters comments.... she said she LOVED the decor of the Conquest, so bright and colorful...that is why I said the Magic is bland in comparison.  I have done the Magic twice and it is probably my least favorite "decor"... just lots of pink and lime green flashing lights and chrome.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Crusin Hogs said:

They are about the same , same designer did both ,,The Breeze in the same class is different , It had a different designer , It is very nice ,,, 14 cruises , even on the newer ships , Breeze is the best of Carnival 

Agreed.  Breeze is the best I have experienced so far.  Vista was just a little too big and too busy.

1 hour ago, overeasy said:

Agreed.  Breeze is the best I have experienced so far.  Vista was just a little too big and too busy.

Curious to why you think VIsta is too big when it is basically the same size as Breeze. Technically, Vista is 3500 GT bigger or roughly 2% bigger than Breeze, which is negligible to me. From my experience Dream and Vista class ships feel the same size, it’s the different bells and whistles that make each ship a little bit different from the others. 

11 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

you didn't read the original posters comments.... she said she LOVED the decor of the Conquest, so bright and colorful...that is why I said the Magic is bland in comparison.  I have done the Magic twice and it is probably my least favorite "decor"... just lots of pink and lime green flashing lights and chrome.  

The OP never mentioned anything about decor

On 12/28/2019 at 10:05 AM, Wolfsrule said:

I’m going on the Magic in September 2020 (booked it back in June a few days after coming off the Conquest..the wait feels like FOREVER lol). I know they are in the same class. I’ve been on the Dream back in 2016 but never the Magic. How similar are they? 

this is the OP

Everything that is Red on Dream is Blue on Magic

Magic has the ropes course and sports area and Dream does not

Magic has Red Frog Pub and Dream does not

Dream has the Sushi place and Magic does not

Dream has more hot tubs than Magic

However, the #1 reason to sail Magic over Dream is Cucina del Capitano which is the greatest specialty restaurant ever - Magic has it and Dream does not

• Like 1