Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
KennyFla

Another Easy Drink Package Question

Recommended Posts

We are on the Seaside in April and have the Easy Drink package as a promotion.  When we order drinks do we tell them we have the package each time?  How do they know which brands to use so we do not get charged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a code on your cruise card and all the bars will know what you can order. You will be limited to basic drinks like Rum and coke, screw driver, prosecco, long island ice tea, virgin drinks with  a shot, coffee from the coffee bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping on here to ask, is it the norm for people to order a Pina Colada (virgin) with shot on the side? Or do we need to be discreet and go back to the bar ten minutes later? 😆 In all seriousness, I goofed when booking our trip for May and thought our Aurea package came with the old Classic package in lieu of the new Easy package. Trying to figure out how to make the best of it because I don't want to pay the $400 upgrade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MSC allows a person to order two drinks at a time.  There is no reason they won't serve you a non-alcoholic Pina Colada and a shot of rum at the same time.  Bartenders have been seeing this for a while, and if you're nice to them they are pretty likely to just go ahead make the one drink and bill it out separately so it won't hit your account as a charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sthrncrusr said:

Hoping on here to ask, is it the norm for people to order a Pina Colada (virgin) with shot on the side? Or do we need to be discreet and go back to the bar ten minutes later? 😆 In all seriousness, I goofed when booking our trip for May and thought our Aurea package came with the old Classic package in lieu of the new Easy package. Trying to figure out how to make the best of it because I don't want to pay the $400 upgrade!

 

On our cruise aboard Seaside in August we ordered them side by side all of the time. The rule of thumb they told us is two drinks per card at a time. They cheerfully took care of us each time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You Can even make Aperol Spritz with the Easy package.

order 1 Aperol, 1 sparkling Wine, 1 sparkling water.

Then you have 2 Aperol Spritz. Perfect I just Can say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I make a margarita by having the bartender not add the rum, gin and cola to a Long Island Ice Tea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The easy drink package was part of my deal when I made my reservation, does it already include the tip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jamon said:

The easy drink package was part of my deal when I made my reservation, does it already include the tip?

Yes, it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hijack,  but is there a an age limit to small childeren and the "forced" drink package on all in same stateroom? ie children under 4 years dont need a package, but both adults and older sibling in same stateroom must have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, abbflex said:

Sorry to hijack,  but is there a an age limit to small childeren and the "forced" drink package on all in same stateroom? ie children under 4 years dont need a package, but both adults and older sibling in same stateroom must have. 

The cost likely depends on where you are booking but MSC has been trying to eliminate some of the policy differences.  US bookings of non-Caribbean sailings are slightly different with the non-alcoholic package kicking in at 3 to 17 years old.  US based sailings non-alcoholic is for 3 to 20 years old.  But for all US bookings anyone three or older has to have the package.  If you get a drinks package under the All In promotion it is included in the cruise fare usually at a discount.  As an example, if you are purchasing separately in the US the cost is different by age as follows:

 

Easy Package

Selected Drinks Priced Up to $6!

Adult: $35 per person / per day* (21 and older)
Child: $29 per person / per day* (12 - 20 yrs. old)
Child: $17 per person / per day* (3 -11 yrs. old)

 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...