Not sure which to pick Oasis or Infinity,

felton183

I've been on both.  What is your group looking for - more of a wow factor or something more subdued?  If you choose Celebrity, Infinity isn't even one of their larger ships. It is smaller and older.  As far as the ship goes, there is no question Oasis is a better ship.  

My preference would be Oasis but all of you need to decide what you are looking for in a cruise. No one can make that choice for you.

We just booked Oasis, really wanted to try a big ship and the itineraries didn't matter as we had been to all ports before.  Hope we didn't make a mistake with such a large ship.  If any out there could give us insight on what to book and what not to book it would be greatly appreciated.  On Oasis 3/29.  Thanks

We love RCCL and sailed on Oasis a few years ago. It's a beautiful ship, but we found it way to crowded for our liking. You have to reserve all the shows in advance or wind up on a waiting list with no guaranty of getting in. Also, we found the MDR way too crowded. Our table of 4 was sandwiched between other tables and we practically needed a shoe horn to squeeze into our chairs. That also affected the service provided by the waiters as it seemed they were overwhelmed by the volume of people they had to look after. We had 6300 passengers on our cruise. I wouldn't go on another Oasis class ship. Navigator OTS is definitely our favourite class of ship.

On 1/8/2020 at 2:31 PM, felton183 said:

We just booked Oasis, really wanted to try a big ship and the itineraries didn't matter as we had been to all ports before.  Hope we didn't make a mistake with such a large ship.  If any out there could give us insight on what to book and what not to book it would be greatly appreciated.  On Oasis 3/29.  Thanks

Great choice , amazing ship , do not miss ice show or diving show. Should prebook any shows you are interested in . Some really nice specialty restaurants also if your interested. Another must is rising tide lounge , which is a elevator that goes from deck 8 to deck 5 . 

On 1/8/2020 at 12:31 PM, felton183 said:

I think you made an excellent choice.  Oasis is an amazing ship with some of the best entertainment in the cruise industry.  

You should be within your window for booking entertainment on the RCI website, so I recommend doing that.  Some balk at the idea of reserving shows but the reservation process is what keeps people separated in to different venues for the shows.  Because of this process and the design of the ship, Oasis is a very uncrowded ship despite 6000 passengers.

Enjoy your cruise.  You're going to love it.