Disembarkation Excursion; OBC Credits

falkensmaze

The disembarkation port has the credit for an excursion, as well.  (Not embarkation though). It has to be an excursion with an airport transfer of some kind of drop off in another location.  It does not count for the simple airport transfer bus without some kind of tour though.  I’m using it again for the third time this summer, however cant fund an affordable flight late enough so may just have to lose that one. 

Thank you, we are thinking of the getting the Miami city tour with shopping mall trip, they state it is for flights after 5pm ours is 5.15pm so it should be good, but how do they credit the 50 bucks if I have already squared my bill the night before? 

They should credit your account before you leave the ship.  By the time they do the final billing, it's too late to cancel, so you'll be charged for the excursion even if you don't take it for some reason.  The credit is against what you paid - nothing says you have to actually participate, you just have to pay for it to get the credit.

1 hour ago, falkensmaze said:

Interestingly I just called NCL to book the final day excursion and the rep believes there is no credit for first and last day trips but he wasn't 100% sure and told me to best book when on-board! 😐

I've done final excursions several times, booked ahead of time and always got my credit.  I don't think I've ever seen a first-day excursion. 

Just a reminder for those who also get a 10/15% lattitudes credit on excursions - you will probably need to have that adjustment made while on-board.  For whatever reason, the discounts don't transfer to your account if you call to book (but don't pay) prior to your cruise.

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Just a reminder for those who also get a 10/15% lattitudes credit on excursions - you will probably need to have that adjustment made while on-board.  For whatever reason, the discounts don't transfer to your account if you call to book (but don't pay) prior to your cruise.

I forgot about that! Gold so another 10% thanks!

Just  booked our excursions over the phone with NCL's Shore Excursion department. 

The Rep, Jake,  took no payment when we booked and told us the total dollar amount per trip for the two of us  (with the $50 promo and our Gold discount already taken off)    He told us that our excursion tickets will be in our cabin when we board, and our cabin accounts will show the already discounted amounts that he quoted us. 

Hope this helps.  Enjoy your cruise   :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paradiseawaitsme said:

our cabin accounts will show the already discounted amounts that he quoted us.

Probably not.  Although the reps tell you that, I have yet to see it happen.  You need to get a print-out from Guest Services and look at your charges to verify.  If your excursions are booked at full price, just let them know and they will fix it.

I just noted that you are from Canada - maybe the Canadian booking system is better and your discount will be there!

On 1/8/2020 at 9:18 PM, julig22 said:

Probably not.  Although the reps tell you that, I have yet to see it happen.  You need to get a print-out from Guest Services and look at your charges to verify.  If your excursions are booked at full price, just let them know and they will fix it.

I just noted that you are from Canada - maybe the Canadian booking system is better and your discount will be there!

Thanks.  Will do 👍😊

@paradiseawaitsme

He told us that our excursion tickets will be in our cabin when we board, and our cabin accounts will show the already discounted amounts that he quoted us. 

The folio will show the cost LESS the Gold discount but NOT less the $50 Shore Excursion Perk

That will appear overnight AFTER you have done the shorex.   The only time it appears earlier than that is when you are doing a debark TOUR, not a direct airport transfer.

Also remember it is $50 per CABIN, NOT per person.   It is also the maximum, if the costs in total are less than $50 you get the actual cost; usually applicable to singles.

1 minute ago, casofilia said:

@paradiseawaitsme

He told us that our excursion tickets will be in our cabin when we board, and our cabin accounts will show the already discounted amounts that he quoted us. 

The folio will show the cost LESS the Gold discount but NOT less the $50 Shore Excursion Perk

That will appear overnight AFTER you have done the shorex.   The only time it appears earlier than that is when you are doing a debark TOUR, not a direct airport transfer.

Also remember it is $50 per CABIN, NOT per person.   It is also the maximum, if the costs in total are less than $50 you get the actual cost; usually applicable to singles.

Thank you for the info. 
They did give us the breakdown with the Gold % off and then the $50/cabin so we know what we will be paying.  Just prefer doing it over the phone instead of pre-paying.  We will be going to see them on board so they split it between our accounts 

4 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@paradiseawaitsme

Excellent reminder to folks that the $50 credit is processed after the excursion is completed and the credit is actually the cost of the excursion or $50 whichever is less.

27 minutes ago, paradiseawaitsme said:

Thank you for the info. 
They did give us the breakdown with the Gold % off and then the $50/cabin so we know what we will be paying.  Just prefer doing it over the phone instead of pre-paying.  We will be going to see them on board so they split it between our accounts 

34 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@paradiseawaitsme

I have yet to have the gold discount automatically appear in my folio without having to go to guest services to make the adjustment after boarding, despite being told that it would be taken care of.  

@julig22

I have yet to have the gold discount automatically appear in my folio without having to go to guest services to make the adjustment after boarding,

"Don't quote me" but I believe that it depends on when you booked your cruise.  I check with the Shore Excursion desk anyway to make sure.

16 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@julig22

I have yet to have the gold discount automatically appear in my folio without having to go to guest services to make the adjustment after boarding,

"Don't quote me" but I believe that it depends on when you booked your cruise.  I check with the Shore Excursion desk anyway to make sure.

I call and book my excursions months in advance and they always tell me they've applied the discount yet it never happens.🤔

On 1/10/2020 at 7:49 PM, paradiseawaitsme said:

Thanks.  Will do 👍😊

On 1/8/2020 at 9:18 PM, julig22 said:

A few points of difference.

1. You don't need a print out. Just check your bill daily or periodically on the NCL app onboard or using the television in your cabin.

2. My Lattitude shore excursions discount is usually there for excursions booked in advance. However, if I book onboard they tend not to apply the discount and I have to request, check and request again. 

3. Guest services will not apply the discount if missed only the shore excursions desk will make the change.

4. As others have confirmed post cruise excursions qualify for the credit. I used mine for a tour of San Juan and airport transfer. Made that trip almost free!

12 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

1. You don't need a print out. Just check your bill daily or periodically on the NCL app onboard or using the television in your cabin.

2. My Lattitude shore excursions discount is usually there for excursions booked in advance. However, if I book onboard they tend not to apply the discount and I have to request, check and request again. 

3. Guest services will not apply the discount if missed only the shore excursions desk will make the change.

Not all ships have the ability to check your bill on the tv.

Per NCL t&c, you have to ask for your discount when you book excursions on board -it isn't automatic.  I'm 3/3 with NOT having the discount applied when booking ahead of time, even though they quote the discount to me.

Guest services can absolutely correct your discount- and they are there 24/7, not selective hours.  They might not do it immediately but they will forward the issue to the excursion desk, and get it done for you so you don't have to wait for the excursion desk to be open without long lines.

6 hours ago, julig22 said:

Not all ships have the ability to check your bill on the tv.

Per NCL t&c, you have to ask for your discount when you book excursions on board -it isn't automatic.  I'm 3/3 with NOT having the discount applied when booking ahead of time, even though they quote the discount to me.

Guest services can absolutely correct your discount- and they are there 24/7, not selective hours.  They might not do it immediately but they will forward the issue to the excursion desk, and get it done for you so you don't have to wait for the excursion desk to be open without long lines.

Guest services has never corrected for me. I did have to go to ShoreX desk even after waiting in guest services line.

Each ship OP is considering has the TV option, I have been on all but the Encore but we know it has it too.

Given all that OP is dealing with I was just trying to offer steps to simplify her experience onboard. 

6 hours ago, casofilia said:

@julig22

excursion desk to be open without long lines.

Just put a note in their "Drop Box" with all the relevant details; name, cabin, Latitude #.

This is a great suggestion.  I have used the drop box to return tickets to cancel an excursion, but never even thought to do so for a pricing issue, thanks. 

Just book and pay for your excursions online so that you can ascertain that you got your discount before you even board and then waste away your life time calling a NCL human should the discount not be there.   

Never not seen the discount applied, and we books some excursions knowing we will cancel them once on board so that we can building up more the allowed $1,000 in OBC you can purchase.

Also, on the disembarkation excursions, we have had to submit tickets to get the $50 excursion credit, we generally request that it be included as an OBC on our next cruise.   Do not know why  it being applied or not automatically is so inconsistent.