SS2 GTY upgrade possible?

Lolou127

We booked an SS2 GTY on Connie, we’ve been assigned our cabin and (even though we’re in the U.K.) we’ve switched to another SS2, but today 5 SS1 cabins have become available, my question is can I upgrade to one of these or am I ruled out because we booked a GTY? 

Also is the only difference between SS1 and SS2 location? 

9 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

We booked an SS2 GTY on Connie, we’ve been assigned our cabin and (even though we’re in the U.K.) we’ve switched to another SS2, but today 5 SS1 cabins have become available, my question is can I upgrade to one of these or am I ruled out because we booked a GTY? 

Also is the only difference between SS1 and SS2 location? 

In 2015 we booked a guaranteed suite and were assigned an S2 as I expected. However I noted that 6145 was available (One of two larger S1 suites on M class ships). I called our US based TA and asked if we could swap. Our request was granted. So yes it can be done. At least with US based TA's. I'm also based in the UK but not sure if the UK will do the same. 

59 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

In 2015 we booked a guaranteed suite and were assigned an S2 as I expected. However I noted that 6145 was available (One of two larger S1 suites on M class ships). I called our US based TA and asked if we could swap. Our request was granted. So yes it can be done. At least with US based TA's. I'm also based in the UK but not sure if the UK will do the same. 

Thanks Moby, can I ask do you recall if the difference in price was based on when you changed or when you originally booked?

The SS1's that could really be worth going for on the Connie are 6131/32 and 6145/46, each with substantially larger balconies than other sky suites.  My faves are 6131/32.

On the Millennium class ships, at least on deck 6, location is the big difference, with SS2s  located above the lifeboats.  The one Millennium class SS2 I've sailed was not noticeably smaller than SS.

My intro to suites on Celeb was an SS2 GTY on Summit--LOVED it, so I wouldn't worry too much if you can't make a switch!

have a great trip!

1 hour ago, cmhdoogalsatsea said:

The SS1's that could really be worth going for on the Connie are 6131/32 and 6145/46, each with substantially larger balconies than other sky suites.  My faves are 6131/32.

On the Millennium class ships, at least on deck 6, location is the big difference, with SS2s  located above the lifeboats.  The one Millennium class SS2 I've sailed was not noticeably smaller than SS.

My intro to suites on Celeb was an SS2 GTY on Summit--LOVED it, so I wouldn't worry too much if you can't make a switch!

have a great trip!

Thank you, 6131 & 6132 are both available as of today x

With the addition of the 'moveup' bidding program...

If you book a last minute SS guarantee and someone who has a ss2 bids for a higher category, they move up to the CS (or RS, PH,etc), you get their old ss2.  Why?  Because Celebrity makes more money.

As long as the moveup program is in effect, the odds for upgrades over the minimum cabin are reduced.

JMO

I have done an upgrade (U.S. Booking) and only had to pay the difference between what I originally paid and the current price of the upgraded cabin.  

I've also upgraded using the move-up from a Guarantee and only paid my bid amount.