Clever Loyalty change no-one has noticed has already happened

compman9

4 minutes ago, frank808 said:

I am pretty sure all levels on C&A have many more than in years past.  Not just D+ and P.

Correct, but those other levels never had access to the CL.

And eventually, D will probably be banned from the DL.  It's a ripple effect from too many "top tier" loyalty members.

Edited by Another_Critic

6 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Interesting.  Because of the wording of the letter I thought the same thing.  Could Pinns no longer be allowed in D lounge?   Just speculation, of course, but would be a way of controlling overcrowding in D lounge.  My only concern would be the location of the lounges.  The location of the CL/SL on Anthem would be difficult for one of my family members.  Time will tell.  I get the feeling Royal is trying to figure out an effective way to control numbers.  

On another note - Happy football day.  Who will be going to the Super Bowl??

I doubt that P would be restricted from D lounge.  We have lots of P in the DL and VCL on Serenade right now.  

Got to get dressed for HH on Serenade.  Will have a drink for everyone 🍹 in the VCL.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

But there are many more D+ (and Pinnacle) than there were in years past.

Why should that matter? Expand the lounge so they don’t have to kick people out. They take away public space and add cabins every drydock, why not expand the lounge 🤷‍♂️?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Why should that matter? Expand the lounge so they don’t have to kick people out. They take away public space and add cabins every drydock, why not expand the lounge 🤷‍♂️?

Royal has put 3 drinks on everyone’s cards to alleviate that.  They will not expand the lounges as they really don’t care about the fights for seats.  The reason that D+ are now getting the boot from the concierge lounge is the suite guests have complained about the overcrowding and Royal is acting upon the suite guests concerns. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, frank808 said:

I doubt that P would be restricted from D lounge.  We have lots of P in the DL and VCL on Serenade right now.  

Got to get dressed for HH on Serenade.  Will have a drink for everyone 🍹 in the VCL.

Why would Pinnacles want to go to Diamond Lounges when they have there own Suite. Lounges?

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has put 3 drinks on everyone’s cards to alleviate that.  They will not expand the lounges as they really don’t care about the fights for seats.  The reason that D+ are now getting the boot from the concierge lounge is the suite guests have complained about the overcrowding and Royal is acting upon the suite guests concerns. 

I'm told they have also decided to allow virgin frozen drinks with those three vouchers as well. Some folks are going to think thats an improvement 

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm told they have also decided to allow virgin frozen drinks with those three vouchers as well. Some folks are going to think thats an improvement 

Have asked a couple nights ago and got the not allowed response.  Maybe the HD has not implemented this yet on Serenade.  Will check again in a few days.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, twangster said:

It's been almost a year and half since the change to small font and the "+" that came with it.  I don't see them adding more tiers (or + marks).  I can see benefits being adjusted, but not more levels.

The small extra perks at the 340/350 and 525 level have existed for a while now, assigning them an extra "+"  achieves nothing.

With the removal of CL's over time they are melting D+ more into D.  Getting rid of of "PLUS" and replacing it with "+"  is consistent with that end.  "You have to squint to see the +, you are still just a Diamond" is how I interpreted it.

Or maybe it's just a bean counter that figured less ink over millions of cards saves $100.  

That's kind of emphasising what I originally wrote, and the reason I posted the thread - It appears that these tiny adjustments ARE the additional levels that have been phased on over a year or so, which will allow them to make further alterations later on

They may not add the extra + but that doesn't mean they don't effectively exist

As there are more and more Diamonds on every cruise I think it is inevitable that it will be the three drink vouchers and then the lounge will be exclusively for all 'additional' categories of Diamond Plus

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

2ED5E446-CE82-45C3-ACE6-DE4ADEDF6FEE.png

All the other people on the ship that paid good money are now booted out of the Music Hall.  

Since it will be used for Loyalty events and not entertainment, no need to schedule entertainment.  

No scheduled entertainment, venue not being utilized to make money. 

Need to make more money. 

Eventually change Music Hall from included for all guests to a Suites Enclave area only. 

This is how they managed to kill VCL's on the big ships. 

IJS. 

5-7 years 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Have asked a couple nights ago and got the not allowed response.  Maybe the HD has not implemented this yet on Serenade.  Will check again in a few days.

I'll try and ask tomorrow on Mariner

Just now, compman9 said:

That's kind of emphasising what I originally wrote, and the reason I posted the thread - It appears that these tiny adjustments ARE the additional levels that have been phased on over a year or so, which will allow them to make further alterations later on

They may not add the extra + but that doesn't mean they don't effectively exist

As there are more and more Diamonds on every cruise I think it is inevitable that it will be the three drink vouchers and then the lounge will be exclusively for all 'additional' categories of Diamond Plus

Those extra gift tiers have been around for years, longer than I can remember 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Why would Pinnacles want to go to Diamond Lounges when they have there own Suite. Lounges?

I;m going to guess many Diamond Plus and Pinnacles are long time cruising buddies.  Now they are segregated; Pinnacle may opt to utilize D lounge to be with friends. . 

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Quiet a few P "slumming" it in the DL and VCL.  CL on Serenade has been pretty empty this cruise.  Feel sorry for Mario, bartenders and servers as they are losing put on tips.  

Edited by frank808
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

All the other people on the ship that paid good money are now booted out of the Music Hall.  

Since it will be used for Loyalty events and not entertainment, no need to schedule entertainment.  

No scheduled entertainment, venue not being utilized to make money. 

Need to make more money. 

Eventually change Music Hall from included for all guests to a Suites Enclave area only. 

This is how they managed to kill VCL's on the big ships. 

IJS. 

5-7 years 

Only for three hours,  probably unused at that time of day anyway

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Those extra gift tiers have been around for years, longer than I can remember 

I see, that's interesting. I wonder when they were introduced and how they might relate to future changes

I also heard there were alterations to the diamond plus booking discount a couple of years ago, is this also true?

1 minute ago, frank808 said:

Quiet a few P "slummig" it in the DL and VCL.  CL on Serenade has been pretty empty this cruise.  Feel sorry for Mario, bartenders and servers as they are losing put on tips.  

We alwsys hang out in the overflow area during TA's

1 minute ago, compman9 said:

I see, that's interesting. I wonder when they were introduced and how they might relate to future changes

I also heard there were alterations to the diamond plus booking discount a couple of years ago, is this also true?

Pinnacle was increased $25 a couple years ago

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Its dinner time, isnt Music Hall an after dinner venue

It can be an anytime venue or open to all happy hour venue, thats up to the cruise director and what entertainers they have at their disposal. 

Viking Crown Lounges used to be used this way until RCI stopped scheduling entertainment there and then said "See, no one goes here..." and now you have VCL's on the big ships as Suites Lounges. 

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Its dinner time, isnt Music Hall an after dinner venue

The Music Hall on Anthem is used during the day for different things, but most is on the lower level.  The overflow from the Diamond lounge has been using a portion of the upper level of the Music Hall for years.  Not an issue at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

DL overflow is only the 2nd floor MH (and sometimes only part of it).  1st floor MH is open to anyone during DL HH.