RCL stock price nosedive... why?

Ox Fan Cruiser

other than 9 11 what other historical events have caused ships not to sail full. 

the fact that not meeting another persons expectations (ie analysts) causes a stock price to drop is utterly ridiculous and someone needs to knock this long standing fact of life out into space.  the fact that these people rule the world is just horrible. same with a private bank ruling our economy but thats another thread 😉

12 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

If you don't buy options how do you make money on a stock price decline that day?

Combination of Selling Options as well as buying and selling the actual stock.   Yesterday I sold Put Options at $129 for Feb. pre market when the shares were at 133.85 and dumped them around 1:00 PM when shares sunk to 128.21.   I then bought the actual shares at 128.21 and dumped after hours at 130.74 and buying back in at 128.50 about 3:00 eastern.     I was contemplating selling at 130.00 an hour later but held overnight and dumped at 131 when the market opened today.  

Not sure if that made any sense at all.    I do admit I trade on rumors and fear as long as the fundamentals are within my risk tolerance 

Edited by Jim_Iain

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Combination of Selling Options as well as buying and selling the actual stock.   Yesterday I sold Put Options at $129 for Feb. pre market when the shares were at 133.85 and dumped them around 1:00 PM when shares sunk to 128.21.   I then bought the actual shares at 128.21 and dumped after hours at 130.74 and buying back in at 128.50 about 3:00 eastern.     I was contemplating selling at 130.00 an hour later but held overnight and dumped at 131 when the market opened today.  

Not sure if that made any sense at all.    I do admit I trade on rumors and fear as long as the fundamentals are within my risk tolerance 

So you do both covered calls and covered puts?  It looks like at certain points in time you are not covered?  Do you use any realtime software tools?  

The last time I made money on world events was Brexit.  That paid for a couple of cruises.  The fear on the news was high but the logic was cuckoo.

I do not view this as a big drop.  It may affect RCL for a while until the fear dampens.

Edited by NMTraveller

Back in 2014 when we had the Ebola scare stocks took a hit other than drug stocks.

One thing I noticed Celebrity been advertising like crazy. I am really getting tired hearing that Jefferson Airplane tune.