Entertainment on Adventure of the Seas?

Judyrem

We have a cruise on Feb 1 on AOS. I have never been on that ship class on Royal.  I have been on the Oasis class for four cruises.

Oasis class entertainment was wonderful!!!!!  How does AOS entertainment compare to Oasis class ships?

Ok, I was not going to post to CC for certain reasons but since I am sitting on the ship right now I decided to break my rule and answer your question. 

The entertainment in this ship is fair at best. DO NOT expect anything like Oasis class entertainment. I am not disappointed because I know what to expect when I book this ship. The two production shows are tired and worn out. The same shows have been on this ship forever.  I despise the show Invitation to Dance which was a couple of nights ago. Can't Stop the Rock is tonight. The ice show is ok but it has also not been changed for the same amount of time.... forever. And it is not of the caliber of O class ice shows. There is a hypnotist aboard and his show was excellent. I laughed a lot. Last night was some woman who idolizes Whitney Houston and sang her songs for 45 minutes and talked about Whitney as some sort of godess. I do not idolize Whitney and can take or leave her music.

Drew Devine is the CD. I've sailed with him before. Found him annoying in the past and nothing has changed on this cruise.

I am having a great cruise but you specifically asked about entertainment. If there is anything else you would like to know feel free to ask.

• Like 2

We were on her in November.  It’s not the same as the Oasis class but we enjoyed the entertainment.  They will have a show each evening, production show, juggler, comedy , tribute band, etc.  There will also be live music in the piano bar, pub, game shows and of course an ice show.  It is not like the Oasis class but you also don’t have to make any advance reservations which we find nice. 

The quality of the singers was still very good and one night they did a cabaret style show in a lounge.  We thought the ice show was really good.  Maybe we are easy to please?  

Just go go with a bit lower expectations.  Adventure is not the Oasis class so don’t compare.   Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, I was not going to post to CC for certain reasons but since I am sitting on the ship right now I decided to break my rule and answer your question. 

The entertainment in this ship is fair at best. DO NOT expect anything like Oasis class entertainment. I am not disappointed because I know what to expect when I book this ship. The two production shows are tired and worn out. The same shows have been on this ship forever.  I despise the show Invitation to Dance which was a couple of nights ago. Can't Stop the Rock is tonight. The ice show is ok but it has also not been changed for the same amount of time.... forever. And it is not of the caliber of O class ice shows. There is a hypnotist aboard and his show was excellent. I laughed a lot. Last night was some woman who idolizes Whitney Houston and sang her songs for 45 minutes and talked about Whitney as some sort of godess. I do not idolize Whitney and can take or leave her music.

Drew Devine is the CD. I've sailed with him before. Found him annoying in the past and nothing has changed on this cruise.

I am having a great cruise but you specifically asked about entertainment. If there is anything else you would like to know feel free to ask.

Who is the singer at Boleros and will they be there in April?  Thanks

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks so much I appreciate it.  I chose this ship primarily because of the ABC Islands.  They were on my bucket list.

My friend loves live music and I do too.  Can't Stop the Rock sounds good, the hypnotist also.

I saw a video about formal night in the Promenade with the Captain and a live band, looked fun.

How is the food in the MDR?  We have no specialty restaurants booked.

I admit I am quite spoiled by the Oasis class entertainment, I have a cruise booked on Oasis in April with my granddaughter.😁

BTW, how is the internet?

Edited by Judyrem
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DesireeC03 said:

Who is the singer at Boleros and will they be there in April?  Thanks

The name is Salsa Magic. Three or four guys playing instruments with a woman lead singer. I tried to check them out one night but the woman was ear splittingly loud and I had to leave. I am not deaf and don't want to become so. The guy playing in the Duck and Dog is the same way... too loud. I like to be able to converse with the people I am with. He also plays a harmonica so loudly it caused pain... I had to leave and I usually really love the guitarists who play in there. No idea if either of these groups would be around in April

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Thanks so much I appreciate it.  I chose this ship primarily because of the ABC Islands.  They were on my bucket list.

How is the food in the MDR?  We have no specialty restaurants booked.

Honestly, I can't comment on the MDR. We stopped using it many cruises ago. We just prefer the casual atmosphere of the Windjammer. 

The ship does do really nice itineraries. I like doing 8 nighters out of Ft. Lauderdale. The extra day is great and the convenience of the airport location reduces a lot of the hassles of flying.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Any of the production shows you are looking forward to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I admit I am quite spoiled by the Oasis class entertainment, I have a cruise booked on Oasis in April with my granddaughter.

BTW, how is the internet?

You picked a great ship to bring your granddaughter on. I really like Oasis. I love the sand artist who is part of the ice show. And I absolutely love the shows in the Aqua Theater.

The internet on this ship can be painfully slow at times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

@Ocean Boy thanks for the info.  We're on AD in a few weeks.  Been on her several times and have never been too impressed with the entertainment, but it will be great to escape the Northeast cold! 

It has been a great escape from New England!

• Like 2

Hard to compare any cruise ship to Oasis, but love ice skating show on all ships that have one , normally a good guitar player in pub and piano player in schooner bar and other bands, we have always liked Voyager class ships. I think there the perfect size. 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The name is Salsa Magic. Three or four guys playing instruments with a woman lead singer. I tried to check them out one night but the woman was ear splittingly loud and I had to leave. I am not deaf and don't want to become so. The guy playing in the Duck and Dog is the same way... too loud. I like to be able to converse with the people I am with. He also plays a harmonica so loudly it caused pain... I had to leave and I usually really love the guitarists who play in there. No idea if either of these groups would be around in April

We loved Salsa Magic. The sang Uptown Funk at Top Tier. Hillarious. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This captain provides awesome and informative noon reports. My question forever has been.... why can't people shut the $%^& up for two minutes so those of us who want to listen can?

Agree 100%

I will start by saying I always enjoy Royal entertainment but have to agree with Ocean Boy that is is not Oasis class.  On our 6 night, we only had one of the production shows Cant Stop the Rock.   It was fine...typical Royal.  The singers and dancers are talented.  Similar to the ice show.  Talented skaters but it was probably my least favorite ice show so far as there was nothing really that special (compared to Symphony/navigator with the drones, mariner is fun, independence is neat with the different decades).  We did get lucky with really good Headliners....2 comedians (did welcome and farewell shows ontop of adult comedy), a hypnotist, and an Elton John impersonator .  

The other things like Quest, Love & Marriage, Battle of the Sexes was fun and done well.  And we enjoyed the band that played at Boleros. It was a group called "Switched On" when we went in Dec.  They played popular /known music.  We didn't spend much time in Schooner Bar as DH didn't love the piano player there (I thought he was good and he seemed to always have a crowd, but he wasn't impressed)

We liked the CD.  Got to talk to him briefly (of DH did) and he introduced the shows well, etc.

We also stuck to the MDR for every dinner and enjoyed.

Adventure is a great ship.  Enjoy!

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe the volume just worked better in Studio B

They played at the C&A party tonight. I actually like them... when they are not too loud. The get together was very lame compared to what we had last year. It was in the Imperial lounge and drinks were sparse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Honestly, I can't comment on the MDR. We stopped using it many cruises ago. We just prefer the casual atmosphere of the Windjammer. 

The ship does do really nice itineraries. I like doing 8 nighters out of Ft. Lauderdale. The extra day is great and the convenience of the airport location reduces a lot of the hassles of flying.

We are travelling on the Adventure in Feb. We are wondering how is the food in the Windjammer for the Dinner Meals vice the MDR? Do they have a good selection there at night?

Thanks

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, owen188 said:

We are travelling on the Adventure in Feb. We are wondering how is the food in the Windjammer for the Dinner Meals vice the MDR? Do they have a good selection there at night?

Thanks

There is a good variety though it is noticeably down graded from where it was several years ago. But I have no problem finding something I like to eat.

• Like 1

Just got out of Can't Stop The Rock. The show is ok as far as RC Singers and Dancers go. The cast is new this week and the dancers are quite talented. The singers are good except for one female who I think has an annoying voice. And the show does contain my all time favorite song... The Sounds of Silence. 

• Like 2