Unlimited Dining Package - conflicting info

jstuartys

57 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Sadly the info you received directly from them in incorrect.  On sea days you can have BOTH lunch and dinner and most all ships are offering lunch on embarkation day as well. 

And you can have multiple lunches if you want.  

Really wish Royal would invest some time in training their reps on the basics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Really wish Royal would invest some time in training their reps on the basics.

They are trying to save money by letting their customers do the training.

Edited by fred30
  • Haha 2

I am curious about this as well.  The main reason we purchased The Key was to avoid The Windjammer on embarkation day.  However, we had already purchased the UDP.  We are sailing on the Oasis out of Cape Liberty in late May.  If we can already access Chops or Giovanni's for lunch on embarkation day, I am really not seeing all that much value to The Key for us, tbh.  Does anyone know whether we will be able to eat at one of the specialty dining venues on embarkation day, or whether, without The Key, we will have to eat at the Windjammer?  Yes, the first day at the Windjammer is that bad . . . 

On 2/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, molly361 said:

Sadly the info you received directly from them in incorrect.  On sea days you can have BOTH lunch and dinner and most all ships are offering lunch on embarkation day as well. 

It doesn’t surprise me that they are incorrect...AGAIN! I was able to eat at Playmakers with my Unlimited plan on embarkation day at 1:00pm.

• Thanks 2

I have purchased the UDP for a Radiance class ship later this year and wanted to verify the details in 2020.  I get that you have the first reservation on your embarkation day and set up the rest of your reservations once aboard ship.  And that you can go to multiple specialty restaurants each evening if desired.  But I saw a notice about a surcharge on Izumi and wanted to know how does that work and what are the restrictions for this specialty restaurant.  Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, bmblob said:

I have purchased the UDP for a Radiance class ship later this year and wanted to verify the details in 2020.  I get that you have the first reservation on your embarkation day and set up the rest of your reservations once aboard ship.  And that you can go to multiple specialty restaurants each evening if desired.  But I saw a notice about a surcharge on Izumi and wanted to know how does that work and what are the restrictions for this specialty restaurant.  Thanks in advance.

Izumi is a la carte so they give you a $35 pp credit towards your bill.

Hibachi is a set price but some ships charge an extra $10 pp.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 4:12 PM, later said:

Most ships now have the key chops menu lunch in the dining room and chops is open for lunch for a fee or for UDP.

I can only speak for Allure and Harmony, in that I cruised on Harmony last month and Allure a few months ago.  Both Chops restaurants were closed for lunch on embarkation day.

I was told the employees from Chops were serving lunch to those who had the key and that was in the main dining room.  On Allure we went to Giovanni's for lunch and on Harmony we went to Sabor as we were going to Jamie's for dinner the first night.

19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Izumi is a la carte so they give you a $35 pp credit towards your bill.

Hibachi is a set price but some ships charge an extra $10 pp.

I have been to Izumi and was familiar with the $35 pp credit but what is the Hibachi?  Excuse my ignorance.  Is it a different venue or just a meal option?  Thanks.

11 hours ago, bmblob said:

I have been to Izumi and was familiar with the $35 pp credit but what is the Hibachi?  Excuse my ignorance.  Is it a different venue or just a meal option?  Thanks.

Hibachi is a sit around 3 grills on Allure where they do the traditional Japanese cooking while the chef, flips food in your mouth.  It is not the sushi bar.  It was very good on Allure in January.  One of the better meals for the week.

jc

2 hours ago, swiss2619 said:

If you purchased the Unlimited Dining Package pre-cruise and you are diamond plus and in a grand suite, will the concierge book your specialty restaurant reservations pre-cruise?  Any advice on this?  Thanks, Swiss

yes they should when you get their email around 6 days out. 

My wife and I booked a grand suite for the first time and from our understanding, we can order meals from the dining room menus and have them delivered to our stateroom. If we booked the Ultimate Dining Package, would we be able to have our meals from the specialty restaurants delivered to our stateroom as well??

32 minutes ago, LADodger99 said:

My wife and I booked a grand suite for the first time and from our understanding, we can order meals from the dining room menus and have them delivered to our stateroom. If we booked the Ultimate Dining Package, would we be able to have our meals from the specialty restaurants delivered to our stateroom as well??

yes to MDR menu and No for specialty restaurant room service.  

Edited by Tulsacoker

On 2/16/2020 at 6:44 PM, katiel53 said:

I can only speak for Allure and Harmony, in that I cruised on Harmony last month and Allure a few months ago.  Both Chops restaurants were closed for lunch on embarkation day.

I was told the employees from Chops were serving lunch to those who had the key and that was in the main dining room.  On Allure we went to Giovanni's for lunch and on Harmony we went to Sabor as we were going to Jamie's for dinner the first night.

This is also true for Oasis.