I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION BEFORE AND NEVER RECEIVED AN ANSWER--someone please

I have been reading some much about not being allowed to have alcohol in your room.

MY QUESTION: If you order a late lunch or maybe something in the late afternoon from room service can you not order a bottle of wine or drinks with room service?????

Thanks for your help?

I have been reading some much about not being allowed to have alcohol in your room.

MY QUESTION: If you order a late lunch or maybe something in the late afternoon from room service can you not order a bottle of wine or drinks with room service?????

Thanks for your help?

You are allowed alcohol in your room, no cruise line has a rule against that that I know of. The issue is if you can bring it on board. Cruise lines are saying no but it really isn't stopping many. People just bring it in their luggage, me included. We leave it out and our room steward has never said a word. Funny thing is last time I read the cruise critic article comparing the cruise line it seems Disney is the only one that has no problem with what you bring on. Guess they feel the parents are more relaxed with it :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

If you do bring in your check luggage, what if it breaks:eek: ...red wine everywhere... including possibly affecting someone elses luggage:mad: ! Not a good start to your holiday!

If I were to smuggle alcohol on board in my checked suitcase, I would wrap it in bubble wrap and seal in double ziptop bags to guard against breakage. Not that I ever would. ;)

If you want to bring some alcohol, bring it! If (and this is a pretty big IF) they confiscate it, they will return it at the end of the cruise. Personally, I'd rather not have to have the extra weight in my luggage, and I'm certainly not going to carry it on. Different story before the airlines put 50lb. weight restrictions on your bags! If you're driving to port, well, that's a different story--pack away!

YES, you can order any type of wine, beer, or cocktail to be delivered to your cabin...DH and I do this very often on our cruises. We like to enjoy a cocktail while we are getting dressed for dinner and order through room service to do it. Enjoy your wine in your cabin on your cruise! :)

I just got off the Empress of the sea in San Juan and you can buy wine and booze at the duty free store in after you go through security. The wine is not a big list. about 2 char and a few reds but the price was buy one get one free. came to 4.00 a bottle for the char. It was one i had not heard of howerver not too bad. So what I did was first go to your room and then take you carry one back out to the exit. reenter and go to the store, no big deal. buy what you want and put it in your bag carry it to your room. that way no brakage. if you try to buy booze it will be take after it goes through the x-ray machine. but they brought it to me the morning before we left so you could have it that evening.

Tradingspaces,

We are just off the Brilliance of the Seas. You can order the wine package, the first sea day and get a bottle of wine from any bar or at the dining table. We ordered the Platinum package which gives you ten bottles of your choice.If you don't finish the bottle you can carry it back to the room with you. If you would like for them to keep your opened bottle until the next night, they will have it sitting on the table when you come to dinner. They put a sticker on your seapass card so be sure to take the card that has the sticker on it when you are ordering your bottle.

If you have any other questions please ask, and we did bring a bottle of alcohol in our luggage to drink on our balcony. We bought it when we were in Miami and put it in our carryon packed in bubble wrap clothes etc. If it had broken it wouldn't have hurt anyone elses clothes except our own.

Driftwoodgal,

Thank you so much for your reply. From what I have read on the boards, the ship that we are on, Vision of the Sea - Mexican Riveria cruise - does not offer the wine package anymore. That would have been ideal! You mentioned that if you have a bottle of wine at dinner (ordered or brought on yourself) anything unfinished can be brought back to your room! Did you do this? That would be great as well! Thanks.

The only time I've ever seen alcohol confiscated at embarkation has been at the Port of Los Angeles, and only for Vision of the Seas. They have a checkpoint right after you go through security. They had it on January 12 of this year.

The room service menu is pretty limited for wines. You can get a better selection from one of the bars, or you may be able to order off the main wine list once the dining room opens.

Sprocket (Bev):

Once I started doing my research about this cruise we were interested in the wine package so I read all the threads dealing with this. Somewhere...(which I cannot find at the moment) I read that the Vision ship does not offer this anymore (please do not take my word for it) because I have read things that say you can and then again that you cannot. I am confused as well. If you go to the RCCL website and under FAQ -Onboard extras - it only offers the soda package. If you find out something diffirent please let me know as I will you.

Have you read about the meet & mingle on the Vision for March 5. We only need one more person to sign up and RCCL will put on a little reception so we can all met each other. You should check this out. It would be great to met you!

Laura

Our "confiscation" took place last October and they were getting people right and left.

I know if you do not finish a bottle of wine at dinner that they will hold it for you for the next evening...I never saw anyone take the remaining portion back to their room.

Laura,

Perhaps someone that was recently on Vision can answer this for us. I checked out Gifts and Gear on RCL's website and only individual bottles were listed. No packages there either.:(

We're already signed up for the Meet and Mingle, looking forward to it as well. Hopefully enough people will sign up, there is still lots of time.

Bev

Our "confiscation" took place last October and they were getting people right and left.

I know if you do not finish a bottle of wine at dinner that they will hold it for you for the next evening...I never saw anyone take the remaining portion back to their room.

"Getting people left and right" embarking or coming back from a port? I know they won't let you bring it in your carry on after a port visit. When did yours get confiscated?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived