Handicapped parking at Bayonne

being Navy we have lived all over the country   I have a Handicapped sticker.   the only place  I have ever gotten free parking is in Florida 

personally I think its against ADA as  it gives an advantage over non handicapped people, but that's just me.  

19 minutes ago, spookwife said:

being Navy we have lived all over the country   I have a Handicapped sticker.   the only place  I have ever gotten free parking is in Florida 

personally I think its against ADA as  it gives an advantage over non handicapped people, but that's just me.  

Not in the ports anymore.  Only if you have a modified car with hand controls etc.  ( A carrier on the back is not modified).  Some cities do have free metered parking.  Although I would not complain about free parking myself, but I also don't complain about paying.  At the end of the day, we are no more special than anyone else. 

This is why I love cruising out of Port Canaveral.  My vehicle is equipped with hand controls.   Parking is free of charge.   You can also park there for free if you are a Disabled Vet with a DV tag or you have a Florida Toll Exemption pass.     I would still gladly pay it though if I had to.   The convenience is very much worth it over parking at the hotel or an offsite lot   

Edited by ryano

38 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Not in the ports anymore.  Only if you have a modified car with hand controls etc.  ( A carrier on the back is not modified).  Some cities do have free metered parking.  Although I would not complain about free parking myself, but I also don't complain about paying.  At the end of the day, we are no more special than anyone else. 

Agreed.  Disney still gives free parking at the resorts  though.   

3 hours ago, curlyhaired said:

Does anyone kow if there is free handicapped parking at the Bayonne cruise port? We will be leaving on a 9 night cruise in May and are trying to decide if we want to drive to the port or get a ride. 

Thanks.

The street level of the parking garage is handicapped parking. 

Thank you all for your feedback.  We don't usually drive to the port, but we were thinking of driving this time and it is true that in Florida, a long time ago, handicapped had free parking so I was just wondering what they did in New Jersey.  We are cruising in May (hopefully due to the corona viris and how it might impact my husband's recent  liver transplant) and can't wait.