Karaoke and Trivia

Postman806

Hello.  We have just booked our first ever Princess Cruise.  LA—Hawai’i—back to LA.  Plenty of sea days and I enjoy karaoke and trivia.   I’m wondering how much karaoke I can expect.  Hopefully at least every other day.   And how many trivia sessions can I count on each day?

57 minutes ago, Postman806 said:

Hello.  We have just booked our first ever Princess Cruise.  LA—Hawai’i—back to LA.  Plenty of sea days and I enjoy karaoke and trivia.   I’m wondering how much karaoke I can expect.  Hopefully at least every other day.   And how many trivia sessions can I count on each day?

I don't go to karaoke so I can't answer that, but there is a contest "Voice of the Ocean" that might appeal to you if you are keen on Karaoke. Trivia is usually held morning and afternoon and sometimes a different type of quiz in the evening. BTW, in trivia there are teams of up to six people.

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

There’s also a passenger choir. You will have lots of opportunities to sing. The Ocean Voice competition is really wonderful. And OMG trivia is constant. There are usually voyage long trivia groups in addition to to the one offs. .   

Just off 14 days on the  Regal. No choir, no karaoke, trivia was not consistent, low of one trivia a day, high of 5. Consistently inconsistent.

On my last cruise we had a cumulative trivia in the morning on sea days (10 days). There was also regular trivia in the afternoon. People usually try to maintain a team of up to 6. You can join any team if there is space. Good way to make friends.

1 hour ago, weedpindle said:

Just off 14 days on the  Regal. No choir, no karaoke, trivia was not consistent, low of one trivia a day, high of 5. Consistently inconsistent.

Wow. Good to know. I’ve sailed a total of 94 days over 24 cruises on Princess each lasting between 1 day and 15. Always had the choir, voice and karaoke. But I’ve only used Princess for North America out of west coast. I use other lines for east coast and other areas in the world. Thanks for the input. 

agree it can vary, but i have experienced at least 2 trivia's a day on all of my princess cruises.  the hawaii roundtrip should have some enrichment activities including hula, ukulele, lei making (ribbon and flower, these "sell out quick so look for them in patter), and port lectures.  we were on with elua, and they were delightful.  they post their schedule on the forum usually, so maybe look to see if they will be on your cruise.

http://www.eluamusic.com/

Edited by vampiress

If you want to go to trivia to enjoy it and have a chance to win, forget it.  Beside people like you and I there are two other types who spoil it for everyone; those who argue the toss about answers even when it is right and the professionals who have to win at all costs!!!

You know the ones, those who are always seated in a dark corner with one person who has his/her back to the rest of the audience!!!   I wonder why,   What me a cynic!!!

3 hours ago, casofilia said:

If you want to go to trivia to enjoy it and have a chance to win, forget it.  Beside people like you and I there are two other types who spoil it for everyone; those who argue the toss about answers even when it is right and the professionals who have to win at all costs!!!

You know the ones, those who are always seated in a dark corner with one person who has his/her back to the rest of the audience!!!   I wonder why,   What me a cynic!!!

Not always. On our Sapphire cruise to Norway last year my wife and I were our own two-person team for a Country Music Trivia session. We won. Most of the questions my wife knew but a few (for some bizarre reason) I answered. Our first ever trivia win. Of course on the TA that followed the assistant CD had a Country Music Trivia session that we bombed. That was mostly because he had zero idea of what comprised country music. Who knew that American Pie and Brown Eyed Girl were country songs? (Not the passengers that is for sure. Lots of complaining. There was one other grossly obviously wrong song but I can't remember what it was. The fact that he gave you maybe 15 seconds before going on to the next question didn't help.)

I do agree though that there are "professional" trivia teams who have all the answers written down, or who are on a B2B2B2B who have already heard the questions multiple times, or who have someone Googling the answers. It's weird because the prizes are really pathetically poor. I've never understood cheating to "win" at anything anyway. Obviously they must know they didn't really win... 🙄

Edited by Thrak

yeah, i don't play to win.  i play to exercise my brain and groan at the bad jokes.  its a fun community activity.  last time on the royal, we kept sitting in the same area and so did some  ladies, and we loosely became a team.  other people seem to take it too seriously for a crappy bag  or keychain

• Like 1