Taking soda into buffet area

kcdd

My husband drinks soda morning, noon and night and in between.  If we bring Diet Coke on board can he take it to the buffet area during breakfast and lunch?  I wouldn't want him to bring it to the main dining room.  Thanks for the response.

On 2/8/2020 at 1:15 PM, kcdd said:

Thanks for the responses.  Didn't know if it would be tacky taking his Diet Coke can into the MDR.  But hey that's great!

I'm sure the servers would be quite happy for him to do that rather than have to fetch or order one which would take forever to get to the table, LOL. 

HAL doesn't say soda or water brought on is for "in-cabin consumption only" as they do for corkage-free wine, so IMO it is not tacky to bring it anywhere on the ship. What's the difference between taking it, say, pool-side or into a dining venue?

Edited by catl331

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

My post from last night was apparently flagged and deleted. The OP asked if they could take into Lido at breakfast and lunch, not MDR. Which IMO... we see people bring a can in all the time. It is not like they are carrying in a 6 pack. 

Not to put too fine a point on matters but in OP's Post #5, OP said, "Didn't know if it would be tacky taking his Diet Coke can into the MDR." (Emphasis added.And I even quoted OP's question  in my Post #10 above when I responded to it.

Edited by avian777