Poker tournaments...

monakayk

The house doesn't take a 50% rake.  During cash games they take 10-15% but there is no cap on the rake, I don't remember the exact percentage.  During the tournaments they take 50% of the buy in money and apply it towards the once a year mega tournament that you win a seat if you finish 1st or 2nd in the daily tournament.  Buy in is $150 to the tournament.  $750 gets paid out to 1st and 2nd.  

it's a poker table which deals a new 52 card deck every hand. There are no algorithms or hankie pankie. Better players usually win more than poor players who call every hand. The cruise line does take a pretty heavy rake, more than Vegas. As a poker player, I hated the electronic tables when they came out. It takes a while to get into the flow. Odd, some ships I never see players and some ships there is a waiting list

2 minutes ago, coevan said:

it's a poker table which deals a new 52 card deck every hand. There are no algorithms or hankie pankie. Better players usually win more than poor players who call every hand. The cruise line does take a pretty heavy rake, more than Vegas. As a poker player, I hated the electronic tables when they came out. It takes a while to get into the flow. Odd, some ships I never see players and some ships there is a waiting list

Thanks for the info.