Longevity credit????

bcnvcanada

As I posted earlier, it is NOT your NUMBER of cruises but your number of cruise CREDITS as this number will be higher if you ever traveled solo or in a full suite.

On this thread and a previous one regarding this topic, I posted the only documentation regarding this amenity used to be outlined in the brochure outlining the Captain Circle benefits usually available at thier desk. Recently this brochure has been revised, and the Loyalty Command Credit is no longer mentioned. 

I did ask the circle host and thier reply was 'I am not aware Princess has any plans to change it' 

In my mind, 'Then why delete it from this document it has been in for a long time?'

Time will tell.

Good point!  I never knew about until a couple I run into on cruises (they cruise a lot) told me about it.  They know I sail single so were curious.  The wife thought I had way more days, I told her, no, it is only credits, I pay double for a cruise so why not?  Same as 2 people in a cabin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, susancruzs said:

The wife thought I had way more days, I told her, no, it is only credits, I pay double for a cruise so why not?  Same as 2 people in a cabin.

It's close but not quite the same as 2 people in a cabin. As a solo there is no revenue on board for excursions, shops, spa, drinks etc......I agree there should be 2 credits however.

Timely for me reading this thread as I didn't know about this.   I have 18 cruise credits and in July will be sailing on a back-to-back in a suite.   So as I understand it, the first cruise will be credits 19 and 20 (2 for a suite) and I will be eligible for it on my second cruise as this will be 21 and 22.   Is this right?   If so, will it show up anywhere before sailing or will it just happen automatically after the first cruise and how will I know I have it?

3 hours ago, datone said:

Timely for me reading this thread as I didn't know about this.   I have 18 cruise credits and in July will be sailing on a back-to-back in a suite.   So as I understand it, the first cruise will be credits 19 and 20 (2 for a suite) and I will be eligible for it on my second cruise as this will be 21 and 22.   Is this right?   If so, will it show up anywhere before sailing or will it just happen automatically after the first cruise and how will I know I have it?

Datone, in your case, visit the captain circle host just before the end of your 1st cruise and verify your cruise credits and the 2nd segment will be your 21st credit. You should also be able to see in your cruise history 2 credits for each future sailing.

Not sure if Princess corrected but I was on a sailing a few years ago and a passenger was on B2B sailings and reached a new loyalty level and had to go to the circle desk to get the extra OBC due.

Also not sure if it is possible you may book and sail on a cruise before July, which would affect your cruise credit count.

6 hours ago, wallyj said:

Datone, in your case, visit the captain circle host just before the end of your 1st cruise and verify your cruise credits and the 2nd segment will be your 21st credit. You should also be able to see in your cruise history 2 credits for each future sailing.

Not sure if Princess corrected but I was on a sailing a few years ago and a passenger was on B2B sailings and reached a new loyalty level and had to go to the circle desk to get the extra OBC due.

Also not sure if it is possible you may book and sail on a cruise before July, which would affect your cruise credit count.

Thanks Wally.   I think I met you recently when we did the day trip to Pattaya off the Sapphire Princess.  We used the future cruise credit we received as compensation for our cancelled cruise to book one of the Sapphire itineraries when she comes down here earlier than planned.   The prices were so good as the sailings start in May and they need to fill the cabins.   After the FCC our suite is only costing us $1394 (AUD) each for the 14 days.     At less than $100 per day it is an absolute bargain.  Will be our first (and maybe only) time in a suite so looking forward to it.

Edited by datone

Hi datone, yes, I was on the Sapphire Feb 02 sailing and believe we met at the meet and greet and I mentioned I appreciated your posts regarding the eVisa for Vietnam.

I have not had time to look at the new Sapphire sailings as Princess is moving the ship down under sooner than planned.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Sometimes it shows up a few days before sailing, and sometimes it just appears onboard. I think it depends on how busy or how organized the Captain’s Circle Host is onboard. He/She’s in charge of it. I know this because she forgot to give me mine one time and apologized that she had somehow missed me.